Text Expansion in OneNote Pastes Clipboard

KCMO10

When working in Microsoft One Note, anytime that you use text expansion, it pastes the entire contents of the clipboard, or crashes OneNote completely.  I've experienced this bug this morning on 3.5, but it has been present since the last version as well.  

I'm Currently working in: 

Alfred 3.5

Build 875, Monday 25th September 2017

Program Impacted: 

Microsoft OneNote 

Build: Current Version (Fully Updated)

EDIT:  I tried to capture a GIF of the issue, but now instead of pasting the clipboard contents, it causes OneNote to crash. 

Edited by KCMO10
Added

@KCMO10 this seems to be an issue with the latest version of OneNote which has also been reported by another user. It appears that OneNote is extremely slow to paste in the latest release.

While we can't fix OneNote from crashing, if you turn off Alfred restoring the clipboard content in Alfred's Features > Snippets > Auto Expansion [cog] > Tweaking, then expansion should work.

I am going to update the "Restore After" option to offer a longer delay before restoring clipboard content, which is why you are seeing the original content pasted.

Cheers,

Andrew

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Agreed. I know this is Microsoft's fault and not Alfred's, but would it be possible to provide a longer delay period? I think I might need to be able to delay up to 5 seconds in order to avoid this issue. I have repeatedly complained to Microsoft, but they have not responded. 

Alfred 3.6.1
Late 2012 MBP with macOS 10.13.4 (16GB of RAM, 512GB SSD, 2.6Ghz i7 CPU)
OneNote 2016 (version 16.12)

@Shraden Welcome to the forum. Please fill in your Powerpack email address in your forum profile before taking part in Powerpack-specific forum threads. This is only visible to admins, and allows us to confirm your registered email address.

Cheers,
Vero