Search in clipboard history is case sensitive for non latin layout [Fixed 3.6 b893 pre-release]

40-02

Hello! In the latest version of Alfred  3.5 Build 875 the search of Cyrillic text in clipboard search is case sensitive.

Is it possible to make it work as it works for Latin letters? 

Thanks

2017-09-25_20-24-11.png

2017-09-25_20-25-44.png

Edited by 40-02

• Andrew changed the title to Search in clipboard history is case sensitive for non latin layout [Fixed 3.6 b893 pre-release]

@40-02 thanks for your patience with this, it's involved writing a [high performance] custom filtering routine for SQLite.

if you update to the latest 3.6 b895, I've added a new option in the Features > Clipboard > Advanced preferences. Select the "Diacritic and Unicode case insensitive matching" option, and this should now work as expected :)

Cheers,

Andrew

Thank you so much, @Andrew

I tried: it works as expected. Thanks for listening!!!

BTW, as I understood it now even file search is not case sensitive. May be advanced clipboard settings isn't the best place for this checkbox? 

Thanks again!!!

Edited by 40-02

On 26/01/2018 at 2:07 PM, 40-02 said:

BTW, as I understood it now even file search is not case sensitive

Never has been, AFAIK.

The "search is case-sensitive in non-ASCII alphabets" issue is restricted to SQLite-based features, which in terms of search, is apps, clipboard and snippets.

Most of Alfred's searches use the system index API (which has always been case- and diacritic-insensitive).