Unable to find bookmarks with new bookmarks feature [Fixed 3.6 b893 pre-release]

gokubi

* What you were doing when the issue happened
I turned on the new Web Bookmarks search feature and I can't get chrome bookmarks to show up in results. Safari bookmarks are returned

* Whether you were able to replicate it a second time by performing the same action
Yes. I have disabled and re-enabled, reloaded the cache multiple times, rebooted. Still get same result

* Include any screenshots that might help us
* Include the Alfred version & build number you are using
* Include your OS X version
High Sierra 10.13, Chrome 61.0.3163.100 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Alfred_Preferences.png

• Andrew changed the title to Unable to find bookmarks with new bookmarks feature

When you create a new profile in Chrome, the Default profile (and folder) goes away, so I solved it this way:

1. Create a new folder "Default" in ~/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/
  2. Open Terminal
  3. Create a symlink called Bookmarks in the Default folder that points to the Bookmark file in your current Profile folder: ln -s ~/Library/Application\ Support/Google/Chrome/yourProfileDirectory/Bookmarks ~/Library/Application\ Support/Google/Chrome/Default/
  4. Go to Alfred Preferences and enable Web Bookmarks for Chrome
  5. Voila!

Thanks for this great feature! I've been wanting to search bookmarks in Chrome since I installed Alfred in 2011!

Interesting. My research was a bit contradictory, so that's not totally surprising. I may have deleted the default profile. There seems to be no way to get one back that's in a folder called Default if that changes through rename, or deleting.

• 3 months later...

The Alfred 3.6 b893 pre-release is now aware of multiple Google Chrome profiles, and you can select which one you'd like to use in Alfred's Web Bookmarks features prefs.

If you have setup any symlinks workarounds etc, it's probably worth backing these changes out now.

Cheers,
Andrew

• Andrew changed the title to Unable to find bookmarks with new bookmarks feature [Fixed 3.6 b893 pre-release]