Things for Alfred – Interact with Things 3 using Alfred

Things for Alfred

6fGQ1vE.png

Interact with Things 3 using Alfred.

Download and Installation
Download the workflow file from GitHub releases and install it by double-clicking on Things.alfredworklow.

Usage

• Use the keyword todo to show Things lists and action any of them for displaying the corresponding to-dos.
  • Action a to-do to display it in the Things UI.
  • Try the modifier keys either in lists or in to-dos to know other actions.

Contribute

To report a bug or request a feature, please create an issue or submit a pull request on GitHub.

Credits

This workflow relies on qWorkflow library by Ursan Razvan and OneUpdater by Vítor Galvão. The to-do icon is created by Jason Zigrino and released under the Creative Commons BY-NC-ND 3.0 license.

License
Things workflow code is released under the MIT License.

Edited by xilopaint

Update (v1.1):

– Added ability to add to-dos in the target list using the ⌥ modifier key.

– From now Alfred is called back after some actions.

– Removed support for Notificator.

– Simplified connections in workflow editor for better maintenance.

– General code improvements.

Edited by xilopaint
5 hours ago, imurban said:

Terrific! Any plans to make results stay visible in Alfred even after a to-do has been acted upon by modifier key (i.e. cancelled or deleted)? Would be wonderful not to have to invoke Alfred each time an action is taken. Thank you for the workflow as it stands now, though!

Done.

As Alfred is now called back after the actions I have removed the notification functionality.

Edited by xilopaint

Probably just my bad use of tech terminology! I just meant to say that when I am only running Things 2 (for organizing my job workload), your workflow works with it, indicating the old foci ("Next", "Scheduled") with the Areas icon. When run both versions of Things simultaneously, the workflow conveniently interacts only with Things 3 (no conflicts). I'm attaching an image here to demonstrate. Anyway, it's a helpful bonus.

Screen Shot 2017-10-12 at 3.08.02 PM.png

Oh, I didn't know the workflow worked with Things 2. In this case I might consider to set the icons of Anytime and Upcoming lists for Next and Scheduled. What do you think about this idea?

Besides that, is there any workflow feature not working with Things 2?

Edited by xilopaint
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/12/2017 at 4:22 PM, xilopaint said:

Oh, I didn't know the workflow worked with Things 2. In this case I might consider to set the icons of Anytime and Upcoming lists for Next and Scheduled. What do you think about this idea?

Besides that, is there any workflow feature not working with Things 2?

Sorry to respond so late. Using those icons from the Anytime and Upcoming lists would look great. I'm still heavily using both versions of Things, so this workflow has been a real help. The new Areas icons look sharp, too. Thanks for all your work on this.

12 hours ago, imurban said:

Sorry to respond so late. Using those icons from the Anytime and Upcoming lists would look great. I'm still heavily using both versions of Things, so this workflow has been a real help. The new Areas icons look sharp, too. Thanks for all your work on this.

Can you confirm if is there any workflow feature not working with Things 2?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
13 hours ago, Redman_gotcha said:

I would really love to take advantage of this workflow, but the process is a little too complicated for me. I get that this is dependent on q_workflow and oneupdater, I am just not sure what to do with that. 

Anyways, as you can see I don't know what I am doing. Is there anyone out there that would be willing to help people like me with instructions on how to make this happen? I would greatly appreciate it. 

If the keyword todo is not working for you, please paste here what you get in the debug console after typing it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/21/2018 at 2:20 PM, Anteric said:

Hi, this is my first time with workflows. I can launch the workflow, get the lists eg inbox, today etc. but I cannot work out 

how to create a new todo item in any of the lists. I would welcome any advice

Regards Anteric

Welcome to Alfred community.

You can learn how to operate the workflow by holding the action modifiers keys and reading the item subtitles. In order to create a to-do just select the target list and use + .

Edited by xilopaint