Clipboard history in Windows 10 VM via Parallels

Hey everyone. I'm inquiring about Clipboard History functionality when using Windows 7/10 via Parallels Desktop (maybe applies to others, but this is my specific use case).

The feature works perfect on the Mac side (High Sierra 10.13), but when I try to use it in Windows, it pastes the letter "v". I then have to delete the "v" and then manually paste to get the correct value. In order to get rid of the "v" issue, I have to deselect "Auto paste on return" in Advanced settings. I would prefer to have this option on/selected.

In Parallels (current and last several versions) I have the keys mapped so that COMMAND+V is equal to CTRL+V, so it *should* work if Alfred is automating the key press, but I'm not sure if that's what is actually happening. 

Any suggestions or clarifications to help solve my issue?

Apologies, the mistake was mine. I had just answered a snippets-related question and my mind was still on that. What I meant to link you to was Why isn't my Clipboard History working?, specifically point 3:

3. App exceptions

There are a small number of apps that unfortunately don't play nice with clipboard history; These are either Java-based applications or apps run in virtual machines (e.g. Windows apps in Parallels). Due to the way these apps handle copying and pasting, they're incompatible.

• 1 year later...

Sorry to drag this thread back up, but I am hitting this same problem. I'm constantly switching back and forth between Mac/Windows(Parallels) so it's a real nuisance. It would be excellent if Alfred could add a configuration area where users could specify certain apps (e.g. VMware, Parallels, VirtualBox, etc) which will cause ^Ctrl+V to be sent if they are frontmost (instead of Cmd+V).

On 10/11/2017 at 9:53 PM, mafyou said:

I have the keys mapped so that COMMAND+V is equal to CTRL+V, so it *should* work if Alfred is automating the key press

I think that's how Alfred does it, but simulated keypresses work differently in Cocoa and AppleScript. As such, it's possible that your mappings are being bypassed.

14 hours ago, luckman212 said:

which will cause ^Ctrl+V to be sent if they are frontmost (instead of Cmd+V)

I'm not sure if it's quite as straightforward as that: Alfred also needs to be able to delete the snippet keyword and move the cursor around.