Search in Salesforce (Alfred 3 worklfow)

12 hours ago, able said:

Hi! I think this workflow broke in Catalina. Anyone else have this problem?

It's because Catalina refuses to load unsigned binaries.

There is a workaround for binary executables, but AFAIK not for binary libraries like this workflow uses.

The only "solution" I'm aware of would be to rewrite the workflow for Catalina and remove the problematic libraries, but as @jereze said on the previous page, the workflow requires them to work on older OSes.

Edited by deanishe
1 hour ago, deanishe said:

It's because Catalina refuses to load unsigned binaries.

There is a workaround for binary executables, but AFAIK not for binary libraries like this workflow uses.

The only "solution" I'm aware of would be to rewrite the workflow for Catalina and remove the problematic libraries, but as @jereze said on the previous page, the workflow requires them to work on older OSes.

Hi,

Thank you @able for reporting your issue, and thanks @deanishe for your feedback.

I haven't upgraded my system yet to Catalina, so I cannot investigate the issue. I will try to do it by the end of November. On a technical side, I will consider switching back to Alfred-Workflow's http library or find another alternative.

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I have updated to Catalina and it's breaking. I had to approve each binary in system preferences but now I have another error. 

It seems to be coming from using an old SSL library. This is the error I get: 
[17:56:10.864] ERROR: Salesforce[Script Filter] Code 1: WARNING: Executing a script that is loading libcrypto in an unsafe way. This will fail in a future version of macOS. Set the LIBRESSL_REDIRECT_STUB_ABORT=1 in the environment to force this into an error.

Perhaps there's something I can do to get around this? 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone (and in particular @able and @jsanch01 ),

I have released a new version of the Salesforce workflow, 0.0.3. It should fix the issues with Catalina.

I successfully tested it with Alfred 4.1.1 on macOS Catalina (10.15.4). I believe it should work with Alfred 3+ on High Sierra and later.

Please let me know if it works for you.

Best way to get the latest release is on Github: https://github.com/jereze/alfred-salesforce

Cheers,

Edited by jereze

I get this error when attempting to use sf > login 

My guess is my company's sfdc admin is not allowing local connections through OAUTH, which is a shame. I'm escalating internally but wanted to at least write this down in the thread in case anyone else receives similar errors. Workaround is a 'dumb' search not through alfred by leveraging another SFDC worflow: 

Hi everyone,

I have released a new version, 0.0.4, that addresses an issue introduced in the previous version.

Also, I activated the auto-update mechanism of the workflow (for following releases).

You can download the latest version on Github: https://github.com/jereze/alfred-salesforce

@xgo: Regarding your issue, I confirm that the Salesforce App required to install the workflow is blocked by your Salesforce administrators. I also confirm that this workflow works locally; your Salesforce access or data never leave your computer when you use this workflow.

Cheers,

• 5 weeks later...
On 11/3/2020 at 12:54 PM, jereze said:

Hi everyone,

I have released a new version, 0.0.4, that addresses an issue introduced in the previous version.

Also, I activated the auto-update mechanism of the workflow (for following releases).

You can download the latest version on Github: https://github.com/jereze/alfred-salesforce

@xgo: Regarding your issue, I confirm that the Salesforce App required to install the workflow is blocked by your Salesforce administrators. I also confirm that this workflow works locally; your Salesforce access or data never leave your computer when you use this workflow.

Cheers,

Thank you for bringing this back! Super great workflow.

I get an error message when I use it. Is it only compatible with Lightning? "Lightning Experience is enabled for your organization, but not yet for you. Want to give it a try? Ask your Salesforce admin."

18 hours ago, able said:

Thank you for bringing this back! Super great workflow.

I get an error message when I use it. Is it only compatible with Lightning? "Lightning Experience is enabled for your organization, but not yet for you. Want to give it a try? Ask your Salesforce admin."

Hi @able,

I guess you get an error when you open the result (in the browser).

You can use "sf > switch" to switch the opening between Salesforce Classic and Salesforce Lightning.

Cheers,

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/3/2020 at 11:38 AM, jereze said:

Hi @able,

I guess you get an error when you open the result (in the browser).

You can use "sf > switch" to switch the opening between Salesforce Classic and Salesforce Lightning.

Cheers,

Never mind, I got the admin to upgrade me to lightning. Mostly because I like this workflow so much. Thanks!