Search in Salesforce (Alfred worklfow)

12 hours ago, able said:

Hi! I think this workflow broke in Catalina. Anyone else have this problem?

It's because Catalina refuses to load unsigned binaries.

There is a workaround for binary executables, but AFAIK not for binary libraries like this workflow uses.

The only "solution" I'm aware of would be to rewrite the workflow for Catalina and remove the problematic libraries, but as @jereze said on the previous page, the workflow requires them to work on older OSes.

Edited by deanishe
1 hour ago, deanishe said:

It's because Catalina refuses to load unsigned binaries.

There is a workaround for binary executables, but AFAIK not for binary libraries like this workflow uses.

The only "solution" I'm aware of would be to rewrite the workflow for Catalina and remove the problematic libraries, but as @jereze said on the previous page, the workflow requires them to work on older OSes.

Hi,

Thank you @able for reporting your issue, and thanks @deanishe for your feedback.

I haven't upgraded my system yet to Catalina, so I cannot investigate the issue. I will try to do it by the end of November. On a technical side, I will consider switching back to Alfred-Workflow's http library or find another alternative.

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I have updated to Catalina and it's breaking. I had to approve each binary in system preferences but now I have another error. 

It seems to be coming from using an old SSL library. This is the error I get: 
[17:56:10.864] ERROR: Salesforce[Script Filter] Code 1: WARNING: Executing a script that is loading libcrypto in an unsafe way. This will fail in a future version of macOS. Set the LIBRESSL_REDIRECT_STUB_ABORT=1 in the environment to force this into an error.

Perhaps there's something I can do to get around this? 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone (and in particular @able and @jsanch01 ),

I have released a new version of the Salesforce workflow, 0.0.3. It should fix the issues with Catalina.

I successfully tested it with Alfred 4.1.1 on macOS Catalina (10.15.4). I believe it should work with Alfred 3+ on High Sierra and later.

Please let me know if it works for you.

Best way to get the latest release is on Github: https://github.com/jereze/alfred-salesforce

Cheers,

Edited by jereze

I get this error when attempting to use sf > login 

My guess is my company's sfdc admin is not allowing local connections through OAUTH, which is a shame. I'm escalating internally but wanted to at least write this down in the thread in case anyone else receives similar errors. Workaround is a 'dumb' search not through alfred by leveraging another SFDC worflow: 

Hi everyone,

I have released a new version, 0.0.4, that addresses an issue introduced in the previous version.

Also, I activated the auto-update mechanism of the workflow (for following releases).

You can download the latest version on Github: https://github.com/jereze/alfred-salesforce

@xgo: Regarding your issue, I confirm that the Salesforce App required to install the workflow is blocked by your Salesforce administrators. I also confirm that this workflow works locally; your Salesforce access or data never leave your computer when you use this workflow.

Cheers,

• 5 weeks later...
On 11/3/2020 at 12:54 PM, jereze said:

Hi everyone,

I have released a new version, 0.0.4, that addresses an issue introduced in the previous version.

Also, I activated the auto-update mechanism of the workflow (for following releases).

You can download the latest version on Github: https://github.com/jereze/alfred-salesforce

@xgo: Regarding your issue, I confirm that the Salesforce App required to install the workflow is blocked by your Salesforce administrators. I also confirm that this workflow works locally; your Salesforce access or data never leave your computer when you use this workflow.

Cheers,

Thank you for bringing this back! Super great workflow.

I get an error message when I use it. Is it only compatible with Lightning? "Lightning Experience is enabled for your organization, but not yet for you. Want to give it a try? Ask your Salesforce admin."

18 hours ago, able said:

Thank you for bringing this back! Super great workflow.

I get an error message when I use it. Is it only compatible with Lightning? "Lightning Experience is enabled for your organization, but not yet for you. Want to give it a try? Ask your Salesforce admin."

Hi @able,

I guess you get an error when you open the result (in the browser).

You can use "sf > switch" to switch the opening between Salesforce Classic and Salesforce Lightning.

Cheers,

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/3/2020 at 11:38 AM, jereze said:

Hi @able,

I guess you get an error when you open the result (in the browser).

You can use "sf > switch" to switch the opening between Salesforce Classic and Salesforce Lightning.

Cheers,

Never mind, I got the admin to upgrade me to lightning. Mostly because I like this workflow so much. Thanks!

• 1 year later...

This program is not difficult to work with, even for a beginner. I advise you to watch a couple of tutorial videos on youtube before learning the program. This will give you a general idea about it and its functionality.
Sales management in the revenue intelligence platform is automated comprehensively, so the director can get a sales report at any convenient time. The salesperson can make transactions remotely using a smartphone. In my experience, this is very convenient and has a positive effect on the company's operations.

Edited by corne
  • 2 weeks later...

Bonjour Jeremy, Hi Everyone,

This has been the most useful workflow for me for years. 

Unfortunately, it stopped working on the last Alfred update. I noticed that some other workflow that are also using Python are no longer working so maybe that's the root cause. 

See screen capture:

http://drop.laurentperche.com/sa0atg

Any idea what's wrong? 

With much appreciation,

Laurent

Edited by LaurentP

I'm sure this is something basic that I'm missing. I've installed this workflow but can't get Alfred to recognize the keyword. Are the other libraries or settings that I need to enable for the scripts to work? I'm running Alfred 4.6.4 on Monterey 12.3 on a M1 Macbook Air. 

UPDATE: As soon as I posted this, I realized my issue. Needed to install Python2. Following these tips fixed it

image.thumb.png.89ab163073f8d017f9e6f2677e6dde4b.png

Edited by CoreyPud
  • 4 months later...

HI, 
I do have problem with this workflow. 
Debug shows

[15:58:31.581] Logging Started...
[15:58:37.754] Salesforce[Script Filter] Queuing argument ''
[15:58:37.826] Salesforce[Script Filter] Script with argv '' finished
[15:58:37.834] ERROR: Salesforce[Script Filter] Code 1: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/User/Library/Application Support/Alfred/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.89CEE012-5076-4558-AAFD-4568AABAC05C/salesforce_search.py", line 4, in <module>
    from workflow import Workflow, ICON_WEB, ICON_WARNING, ICON_ACCOUNT, ICON_SWITCH, ICON_INFO, PasswordNotFound
  File "/Users/user/Library/Application Support/Alfred/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.89CEE012-5076-4558-AAFD-4568AABAC05C/workflow/__init__.py", line 16, in <module>
    from .workflow import Workflow, manager
  File "/Users/user/Library/Application Support/Alfred/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.89CEE012-5076-4558-AAFD-4568AABAC05C/workflow/workflow.py", line 25, in <module>
    import cPickle
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'cPickle'

any help is welcome

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I have released a new version of the Salesforce workflow, 0.0.5, to address the problem with Python 2 being removed since macOS Monterey 12.3.

You'll need to have Python 3 installed. It is easy to install with Xcode command line tools provided by Apple. You can find instructions here.

I successfully tested it with Alfred 5.0.1 on macOS Monterey (12.5.1). Should work from Alfred 4.

Best way to get the latest release is on the Github page: https://github.com/jereze/alfred-salesforce

Cheers,

Jeremy

• jereze changed the title to Search in Salesforce (Alfred worklfow)
  • 5 weeks later...
On 8/22/2022 at 11:45 AM, jereze said:

Hi everyone,

I have released a new version of the Salesforce workflow, 0.0.5, to address the problem with Python 2 being removed since macOS Monterey 12.3.

You'll need to have Python 3 installed. It is easy to install with Xcode command line tools provided by Apple. You can find instructions here.

I successfully tested it with Alfred 5.0.1 on macOS Monterey (12.5.1). Should work from Alfred 4.

Best way to get the latest release is on the Github page: https://github.com/jereze/alfred-salesforce

Cheers,

Jeremy

Thanks for your continued work on this workflow jereze, it has become vital for me!

I installed Ventura (I know, I know) which seems to have broken the workflow for me. Just wanted to flag that, I'll live without the workflow. :)

Just now, able said:

I installed Ventura (I know, I know) which seems to have broken the workflow for me.

It is positive that you’ve reported a breakage, but the author can’t fix it by just knowing it exists. Furthermore, it may be that it is broken just for you because something else caused the problem and this way you won’t know.

The simplest way to provide an actionable bug report is to open the debugger, set the log output to “All Information”, perform the failing action, and post the output.

On 9/22/2022 at 9:58 AM, vitor said:

It is positive that you’ve reported a breakage, but the author can’t fix it by just knowing it exists. Furthermore, it may be that it is broken just for you because something else caused the problem and this way you won’t know.

The simplest way to provide an actionable bug report is to open the debugger, set the log output to “All Information”, perform the failing action, and post the output.

Thanks Vitor. I wasn't really aware of the debugger before you pointed it out. I actually managed to figure it out from that. It was an Xcode thing. I reinstalled and it seems to have fixed the workflow.

• 1 month later...