Tried with another shortcut, and a keyword, but something ain’t right.

I’ll try to do it like a pro ?

– The modified workflow

– Alfred 3.6.1

– MacOS 10.13.5

Starting debug for 'Safari Assistant'

[2018-06-18 13:57:32][ERROR: action.script] ?
13:57:32 workflow.go:614: ------- Safari Assistant/0.5 (AwGo/0.13.2) -------
13:57:32 tabs.go:131: &{2 1 Debugger Utility - Alfred Help and Support https://www.alfredapp.com/help/workflows/utilities/debug/ false}
13:57:32 update.go:171: 19h29m since last check for update
13:57:32 workflow.go:790: --------------------- 0.15s ----------------------
[2018-06-18 13:57:32][utility.debug] .
/--- TAB ACTIONS IN ---\
query=
variables={
    "ALSF_HISTORY_ENTRIES" = 1000;
    "ALSF_INCLUDE_BOOKMARKLETS" = 0;
    "ALSF_SEARCH_HOSTNAMES" = 1;
    "ALSF_TAB" = 2;
    "ALSF_TAB_CTRL" = "Close Tabs to Left";
    "ALSF_TAB_FN" = "Open in Private Window";
    "ALSF_TAB_OPT" = "Close Tabs to Right";
    "ALSF_TAB_SHIFT" = "";
    "ALSF_URL" = "https://www.alfredapp.com/help/workflows/utilities/debug/";
    "ALSF_URL_CTRL" = "Open in Chrome";
    "ALSF_URL_FN" = "Open in Private Window";
    "ALSF_URL_OPT" = "Open in Firefox";
    "ALSF_URL_SHIFT" = "Open in Current Tab";
    "ALSF_WINDOW" = 1;
}
\----------------------/
[2018-06-18 13:57:32][ERROR: action.script] /Users/jolinm/Library/Caches/com.runningwithcrayons.Alfred-3/Workflow Scripts/322D9109-6C48-41C2-BF05-5203B690B4B0: line 2: ./alsf: No such file or directory

On 6/18/2018 at 7:59 PM, JolinM said:

I’ll try to do it like a pro

? Much better. But one more thing: if you modify a workflow, change its bundle ID, especially if you send it back to the author. I don't want to overwrite my working, canonical version of the workflow with your broken one, so I had to unpack it, edit info.plist, and then repack it to install.

As for the problem, somehow you'd managed to add the UTF-16 BOM (0xFEFF) in front of the ./alsf command, which is why the command couldn't be found.

Delete the contents of the Script box and then type the command into it (i.e. don't copy-and-paste it).

Edited by deanishe
Invision editor, how I hate thee. Let me count the ways!

17 hours ago, deanishe said:

As for the problem, somehow you'd managed to add the UTF-16 BOM (0xFEFF) in front of the ./alsf command, which is why the command couldn't be found.

And when that is correct, it works! Thanks for your kind support, it really is appreciated.

I packaged this part alone, if it’s of any help to someone else: download.

• 1 month later...

@deanishe I use this workflow a ton. Thanks for posting it!

By chance, is it possible to view recently closed tabs with this workflow (i.e., listed like the "History - Recently Closed" menu)?

There's a lot under the hood of this workflow that's a little beyond my skill set, so I thought I'd ask. Thanks for your help!

• 1 month later...

Hi @bivalvegruff, welcome to the forum.

This is a known issue. Please read the Mojave help on the Alfred website.

Basically, you need to grant Alfred "Full Disk Access" in the Security & Privacy tab of System Preferences. This is also necessary to use Alfred's native bookmark search, but I guess you're not using that because my workflow's way better :) 

For future reference, please read the stickied thread on reporting workflow issues.

This problem is simple to fix because I already know the answer (thanks @nikivi), but in general developers will also need the debugger output etc. to properly diagnose an issue.

46 minutes ago, deanishe said:

Hi @bivalvegruff, welcome to the forum.

This is a known issue. Please read the Mojave help on the Alfred website.

Basically, you need to grant Alfred "Full Disk Access" in the Security & Privacy tab of System Preferences. This is also necessary to use Alfred's native bookmark search, but I guess you're not using that because my workflow's way better :) 

For future reference, please read the stickied thread on reporting workflow issues.

This problem is simple to fix because I already know the answer (thanks @nikivi), but in general developers will also need the debugger output etc. to properly diagnose an issue.

That solved it! I didn't remember doing that when I first installed Alfred. Thank you very much for your extensive and extremely swift answer!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

@deanishe I definitely agree with @bivalvegruff about this workflow's iCloud tabs feature: it's fantastic!

Out of curiosity, is there any way for its list to be sorted in the same manner that they're arranged on your device (i.e., identical to the way Safari arranges them when you click its button)? At the moment, it's a little hard to tell how Safari Assistant is arranging them. Thanks!

On 1/4/2019 at 8:21 PM, Jasondm007 said:

At the moment, it's a little hard to tell how Safari Assistant is arranging them.

It isn't. The sorting metadata is a binary blob and I haven't bothered to decipher it, so the workflow just shows them in the order they come out of the database.

On 1/4/2019 at 8:21 PM, Jasondm007 said:

identical to the way Safari arranges them when you click its button

What do you mean exactly? Safari shows a separate column for each device, which of course, the workflow cannot do.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey @deanishe

I'm trying to trigger your workflow to open a specific tab using Karabiner Elements.

One example is, I'm hoping to send "tab YouTube Music" in order to jump straight to my YouTube Music tab.

I've looked around the forum a bit. I found this one thread. I tried it but this is way over my head.

https://www.alfredforum.com/topic/11034-syntax-to-trigger-workflow-from-karabiner-elements-json-file

Appreciate any help you can give. Thanks!

• 4 months later...

I just installed 0.7.3 of the workflow. I am running Alfred 4.0.9 on Catalina 10.15.4.

After I installed the workflow I encountered this message when I tried to run some of the actions:

macOS cannot verify that this app is free from malware.

Any help resolving this issue is greatly appreciated. I don't know anything about coding or scripting, so sorry if this is a simple solution.