I think Safari is no longer a toy browser in V14 😂 , could this workflow continue to develop?

12 hours ago, dd426 said:

I think Safari is no longer a toy browser in V14 😂 , could this workflow continue to develop?

That ship has sailed, I'm afraid. Even if v14 turns out to be brilliant, it won't run on my MacBook, so there's no chance I'll start using Safari again any time soon.

6 hours ago, deanishe said:

That ship has sailed, I'm afraid. Even if v14 turns out to be brilliant, it won't run on my MacBook, so there's no chance I'll start using Safari again any time soon.

Could you please just do some maintenance work to make it usable on the future version 🙏 , I think a lot of people will switch to Safari after the release of Big Sur.

7 hours ago, deanishe said:

Curious - why won't it run on your MacBook?

3 hours ago, dd426 said:

Could you please just do some maintenance work to make it usable on the future version 🙏 , I think a lot of people will switch to Safari after the release of Big Sur.

Are you saying it doesn't work on Safari 14?

1 hour ago, deanishe said:

Are you saying it doesn't work on Safari 14?

Yes, and not just the workflow, the built in web bookmark search couldn't work either,  I guess this is due to Safari's own changes.

1 hour ago, dd426 said:

I guess this is due to Safari's own changes

Almost certainly. I'm pretty sure Alfred and the workflow are both reading the same file.

Oh well, I guess the workflow's dead when Safari 14 is released, then.

@dd426 @deanishe Is this in Big Sur or on the current OS? It may simply mean that the file is stored somewhere else, in a different format or requires different permissions so we'll need to take a look before assuming it's dead :) 

If it's Big Sur specific, it's worth reporting in the relevant forum section so that we can take a look into it. Please give as much detail as possible as to which Big Sur beta you're on, as I suspect these will move quite fast at the beginning, and things may get naturally fixed as the beta matures.

Cheers,
Vero

2 hours ago, Vero said:

so we'll need to take a look before assuming it's dead :) 

I'm more declaring than assuming. It's already dead, it just happens to still work with Safari 13.