mickaphd

Use pasted url to open in another app

Hi guys, 

Quick question: I would like to use Alfred to open a pasted url in another app: IINA (a VLC equivalent that I use to play youtube videos for example). 

I already created a small workflow with this request "iina://weblink?url={query}" which works perfectly fine when I paste the URL. But I would like to use automatically what I copied in the clipboard. I tried some stuffs like "iina://weblink?url={clipboard:0}" but it's not working. Any idea? 

Thanks a lot

M

@mickaphd {clipboard} inside an "Open URL" object won't be expanded, but using the "Arg and Vars" it will. So you can just add a "Arg and Vars" object before the "Open URL" that would send the content of the clipboard and use "iina://weblink?url={query}" for the URL

Here is a small workflow to show you this method: https://nofile.io/f/yKeyvqbN4zd/SendToIINA.alfredworkflow

Best!

On 04/11/2017 at 3:56 AM, mickaphd said:

Thank you deanishe. I was not able to download the workflow because of 404 error. Will try with the pbpaste command

Sorry about that. I fixed the link. Here it is again.