Alfred arrows navigation on results/folders

Moody

I was a LaunchBar user. Now i have had Alfred for couple days. And I miss the opportunity to navigate with arrows. For example when i search sth in LaunchBar and it gives me a result. I can go inside folder by clicking right arrow or go to the parent folder by clicking left arrow. 

Is it possible in Alfred also? How to do that?

@Moody Welcome to the forum :) Yes, it's possible to navigate into folders, perform actions on your results and more using the arrows, using Alfred's File Navigation system. For this, you'll need the Powerpack (https://www.alfredapp.com/powerpack/)

Cmd + down arrow will navigate into the folder, while the right arrow will take you to a list of file actions available for that particular file type (default actions, as well as any custom actions you add using workflows)

Cheers,

Vero

• 2 weeks later...

This might not be to your taste, but personally, as a touch typist, I find navigating the file system with arrow keys far less convenient than doing it from the keyboard, where I won't have to re-position my hands. In Launchbar, I use standard Emacs control codes (ctrl-n, ctrl-b, ctrl-p) and Alfred offers ctrl-h, ctrl-j, ctrl-k, ctrl-l. Launchbar offers that collection of control sequences, too (from VIM), but I prefer Emacs-style due to habit.

• 1 year later...