Moody

Alfred arrows navigation on results/folders

I was a LaunchBar user. Now i have had Alfred for couple days. And I miss the opportunity to navigate with arrows. For example when i search sth in LaunchBar and it gives me a result. I can go inside folder by clicking right arrow or go to the parent folder by clicking left arrow. 

Is it possible in Alfred also? How to do that?

@Moody Welcome to the forum :) Yes, it's possible to navigate into folders, perform actions on your results and more using the arrows, using Alfred's File Navigation system. For this, you'll need the Powerpack (https://www.alfredapp.com/powerpack/)

Cmd + down arrow will navigate into the folder, while the right arrow will take you to a list of file actions available for that particular file type (default actions, as well as any custom actions you add using workflows)

Cheers,

Vero

@Moody with the Powerpack, you can configure navigation to use arrow keys, but by default, the right arrow key will show the actions panel (which coincidentally also has an option to navigate in the actions list).

Cheers,

Andrew

This might not be to your taste, but personally, as a touch typist, I find navigating the file system with arrow keys far less convenient than doing it from the keyboard, where I won't have to re-position my hands. In Launchbar, I use standard Emacs control codes (ctrl-n, ctrl-b, ctrl-p) and Alfred offers ctrl-h, ctrl-j, ctrl-k, ctrl-l. Launchbar offers that collection of control sequences, too (from VIM), but I prefer Emacs-style due to habit.

2 minutes ago, Sridhar Katakam said:

How do I bring up the action panel when using arrows for folder navigation?

Got it.

Either using the Fn or Ctrl keys.

I have enabled Tab to do the same as well.