dtwist

Can you override default results?

I'd like to setup a keyword that has a greater rank in results than the default results. Specifically, I'd like "calendar" (or a sub-string of it) to show me the "fantastical" app as the first result instead of the the built-in "calendar" app.

Is there a way to accomplish this? I tried setting up a keyword workflow, but it doesn't even show up in default results.

Thanks,

David

Welcome, @dtwist,

You can’t manually override the order of results, but Alfred is pretty smart about that — it uses “frecency” as a metric, so what you want to do is select that result a bunch of times to teach it what you want.

@vitor , thanks for the suggestion.

I'm aware of this functionality. However, "Fantastical" doesn't show up in the results for "Calendar", so I can't train Alfred in this way. Any other ideas? :)

Cheers,

David

Aha,

I found the answer—the workflow I had created was showing up, it was just hidden after nine other results; keying down the list revealed it and after a couple selections, it is now showing up in the first spot. :)

Cheers,
David

Glad you got it working! Alternative solution: do a Get Info on the Fantastical app and on Comments add the word “calendar”.

Note this only works if you bought Fantastical from outside the Mac App Store.

Where does Alfred keep track of this? After upgrading to Catalina it seems to have all been reset and no longer recommends the orders like it used to.

thanks, I'd really like to restore what I had before then. I have backups of everything, I just don't know where alfred stores this particular piece of data. 

Perhaps inside here?

~/Library/Application Support/Alfred/Databases/knowledge.alfdb

I looked at the database itself - If this is the right file, it wasn't immediately obvious how the tables are structured track the frecency. I wasn't sure what the `ts` column's purpose was in the knowledge table. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Edited by samm

7 hours ago, samm said:

Perhaps inside here?

Yes.

7 hours ago, samm said:

wasn't sure what the `ts` column's purpose was in the knowledge table.

ts = timestamp.

But you should probably replace the entire database with your backed-up one rather than editing it.