Alfred stops working after High Sierra Upgrade

@Paul Rowe That's quite a vague report so a little tricky for us to help. First, could you let me know which version of Alfred you're using?

Next, if you manually launch Alfred's preferences by clicking the bowler hat in the menu bar in the top right of your screen, is your hotkey still set to Option + Spacebar? What happens if you temporarily change the hotkey to something obscure (which allows you to check whether the Option + Spacebar combo might be intercepted by another app that is also using it)

If you use any other hotkey-based apps or keyboard modifiers, make sure these aren't interfering. You can check in the Accessibility preferences (System Prefs > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Accessibility) for other apps that are allowed to control your Mac.

And finally, if you've recently upgraded, have you restarted your Mac? :) 

Cheers,
Vero

Hi Vero 

Thanks for getting back to me :

I am using Alfred 3.5.1 Build 883

My hotkey is still showing the Option + Spacebar combo ( I have also tried to chang it to Control + Spacebar which it appeared to recognise but would not activate Alfred) I have now set it back to Option + Spacebar (still not working though)

I have checked in Systems Preferences and there appears to be no conflict.

I have turned my machine off and back on.

Interestingly the same issue impacts my MacBook Pro

Both machines were using the Option + Command - neither now work.

I hope the above helps

Hi Vero

By way of further update please note that my final machine , that also required to be updated to High Sierra, Alfred now no longer responds to the Option + Spacebar Command.

Thats all 3 of my machines that are affected.

I look forward to hearing from you shortly.

Kind Regards
Paul

@Paul Rowe This is a very unusual issue, and it's tricky to establish what's happening based on the information you provided.

At this point, your best bet would be to reset Alfred's preferences to defaults on one of your Macs, and reinstall Alfred, to remove any possibility of corrupted preferences being the source of this issue.

You can reset Alfred by following these steps:

https://www.alfredapp.com/help/troubleshooting/reset-alfred/

You can then re-download Alfred from our website, and let me know how you get on when next setting your hotkey.. :)

Cheers,
Vero

Just figured out my issue but it doesn't appear to be High Sierra. My hot key is ctrl+option+cmd+space. I would just roll my finger across all keys (including function) and press space. My upgrade was a red herring. This seems like changed behavior, but including function key does not activate Alfred. I'm pretty sure this is changed behavior as I've been using Alfred since it first came out. I'll now be more specific with my key presses.