Dear Alfred users,

Here is another screenshots workflow for Alfred. I created it while I has learnt how to write an Alfred workflow. Maybe you find it useful.

Github: https://github.com/vookimedlo/alfred-various-screenshots

Github - released package: https://github.com/vookimedlo/alfred-various-screenshots/releases/latest

alfred-various-screenshots

Alfred 3 workflow for taking various screenshots.

Currently supported storages are the following.

• Local drive
  • Clipboard
  • Dropbox service with an ability to share a link to the uploaded screenshot.
  • Transfer.sh service with an ability to share a link to the uploaded screenshot.
  • 0x0.st service with an ability to share a link to the uploaded screenshot.
  • File.io service with an ability to share a link to the uploaded screenshot. After uploaded image is downloaded, the file is completely deleted!!!

Installation

1. Install alfred-various-screenshots workflow.
  2. All further updates are handled automatically.

Usage

In Alfred, type ss, which stands for ScreenShot and initiates a submenu which offers three options.

1. Screenshot - Area
  2. Screenshot - Screen
  3. Screenshot - Window

Alfred menu screenshot Alfred submenu screenshot

By default, the screenshot is stored in a file located at your ~/Desktop directory. This could be overridden, either by pressing the  key,  key,  key,  key, or Fn key.

• ⌘ - instructs the workflow to put a screenshot to the clipboard.
  • ⌥ - shares a screenshot via Dropbox and stores a sharing link to the clipboard.
  • ⌃ - shares a screenshot via Transfer.sh and stores a sharing link to the clipboard.
  • ⇧ - shares a screenshot via File.io and stores a sharing link to the clipboard.
  • Fn - shares a screenshot via 0x0.st and stores a sharing link to the clipboard.

Screenshot files will be named according to the following pattern screenshot_%Y-%m-%d_%H-%M-%S.png

Y       Year in full form (e.g., 2006).
       m       Numeric month, a number from 1 to 12.
       d       Day, a number from 1 to 31.
       H       Hour, a number from 0 to 23.
       M       Minutes, a number from 0 to 59.
       S       Seconds, a number from 0 to 59.

Default local screenshot folder ~/Desktop can be changed by the workflow DefaultLocalScreenshotFolder variable.

Alfre Variable Local

Dropbox

There is no need to install a Dropbox software to your MacOS. The only requirement is to log into the web Dropbox account and create an access token for the workflow.

Dropbox App Creation

Dropbox App Key Creation

Such generated access token shall be placed to the workflow DropboxAccessToken variable.

Alfred Variable

Edited by Vookimedlo
Workflow information was updated to be in match with the current release
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Hi, really like the workflow. How could I change it so it automatically adds a certain type of screenshot to my Apple Photo Library? Some screenshots need to go there (usually screenshots from online calls) while others need to go in a standard folder (other screenshots) on my hard drive. Could I adjust this workflow to accomplish this. And if yes (as a complete newbie) how?

TIA

David