Open file/directory location in finder

When searching in Alfred, I would love to be able to open the location  of files/directories in the Finder from the search results

I'd also like to be able to right click on them and get a context menu as you would the finder or on the desktop.

I did a search on this forum and came across something where users can press the right arrow to get the path, but this would be a bit of a pain to manually open the finder, Go > Go to Folder, paste in the path. 

I imagine it would not be hard to get a script to make this happen although it'd be a bit hacky.

I'd like to see these implemented as built-in features. Consider this an opportunity to implement a feature that most people would appreciate even if they take it for granted.

5 hours ago, adamlogan said:

When searching in Alfred, I would love to be able to open the location  of files/directories in the Finder from the search results

Start your search with find. You can change the keyword in Alfred Preferences → File Search → Search.

5 hours ago, adamlogan said:

I'd also like to be able to right click on them and get a context menu as you would the finder or on the desktop.

Press your Show Actions shortcut (find it in Alfred Preferences → File Search → Actions) and pick Get Info.

As an alternative to the 'find' keyword @vitor said, myself I'm doing it using the Quick Search feature. Make sure the "Quick Search" preference is activated in "Alfred's Preference > File Search > Quick Search" and then you can simply insert a space or an apostrophe " ' " to put Alfred into the "find" files mode. Then, to reveal a file in Finder, Alfred as shortcuts that you can use and set to different action and one of those actions is "Reveal in Finder (if local)";  Look into: "Alfred's Preferences > Advanced > cmd + ↩" or other modifier key shortcut. My Alfred is set so that CMD+Enter is set to this actions ("Reveal in Finder (if local)"). Then, when I search for something in Alfred using a core feature and want to reveal the selected item in Finder, I can simply press CMD+Enter and Finder would pop with the file.

So in short, to reveal a file in Finder using Alfred I do:

1. Pop Alfred (CMD+Space is my hotkey)
  2. Press space to put Alfred into the Quick File Search mode
  3. Write into Alfred what you want to search (ex: myfile)
  4. Alfred would show a list of items, select the one that you want to reveal
  5. Press CMD+Enter (or the modifier key you've set in the Alfred's Advanced Preferences)
  6. Then Finder should pop with your file selected

About right clicking to reveal a context menu, as @vitor again said, the Alfred's alternative is the File Actions menu. From my understanding, I don't think you only want the Get Info pane as vitor showed you, but mainly the list of File Actions. Therefore, when you do your Show Actions shortcut as vitor told you, you will get a list of actions that can be a little like the Finder context menu, but not exactly the same list, but maybe you'll find what you're looking for. To name a few, there's the 'Open', 'Open With', 'Get Info', 'Show Package'... Make sure to activate the default actions that you want when you are into the Alfred's Actions Preferences Pane (look for the list next to: Default Actions). If you can't find a specific action that you wish to call on your file, then you may have look finding a Workflow here in the forum that would create a file action that do what you want or you can create one using the "File Action" object in the Workflows editor.

I hope this help! Best