add ~/Library/Scripts to Alfred Search Scope?

Hi,

I can't figure out how to add ~/Library/Scripts to the search scope so that these scripts show up in Alfred. When I press the + button, my ~/Library is hidden and I can't select it. I use TotalFinder and am able to view hidden files in the Finder, but I guess this doesn't transfer over? Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Derek

You can show hidden files in file dialogs by pressing ⇧⌘.. But even if you add ~/Library/Scripts/ to the search scope, files in it are not included in the default results, because they are treated as system files by Spotlight and Alfred.

You can make a search filter that includes system files:

3YWaqOn.png

nuJSdqX.png

Or assign a shortcut for opening the file browser in ~/ or ~/Library/Scripts/:

d83MfmP.jpg

Edited by Lauri Ranta
  • 3 months later...

Hi Lauri, 

Thanks for the tips.

I tried to add a search filter that includes hidden files.

Do I have to rebuild OS X metadata in order to index the System files ?

To have system file shown in file filter results, in the file filter setup sheet, go to the Search Scope tab and there is an option toward the bottom to include system file in search results

• 3 months later...

To have system file shown in file filter results, in the file filter setup sheet, go to the Search Scope tab and there is an option toward the bottom to include system file in search results

Hi David --

Can you elaborate?  I've been looking on the Alfred preferences, and cannot find the "file filter setup sheet" that indicates anything about including system files in search results.  

Screenshot?  Pardon my daft-ness, I'm new to Alfred.

Thanks!

Hi David --

Can you elaborate?  I've been looking on the Alfred preferences, and cannot find the "file filter setup sheet" that indicates anything about including system files in search results.  

Screenshot?  Pardon my daft-ness, I'm new to Alfred.

Thanks!

This is done using a workflow and adding an Input->File Filter. File Filters allows you to create custom searches for Alfred where you are allowed to set a specific search scope, file type, show system files, etc.  File Filters are a Powerpack only feature. A little more documentation can be found here. If you need a little more info though, let me know and I'd be happy to give an example or help you set one up.