Option to eliminate mouse clicks

AllDave

All too often, my mouse is somewhere in the general Alfred zone when I invoke Alfred, so that when I hit Return, it selects the wrong item. (This is because I generally don't wait to read the list.) Is there any way to add an option to ignore the mouse? (By default, the mouse selects an item from Alfred's list so that if you control-space, type something in, and then hit Return, it will pick an item from lower in the list than the top item.) 

2 minutes ago, AllDave said:

(By default, the mouse selects an item from Alfred's list so that if you control-space, type something in, and then hit Return, it will pick an item from lower in the list than the top item.) 

That (should) only happens if you move the cursor. If it stays still, the top result is selected.

Could you post a video of this happening to you? You can record your screen with QuickTime Player.

@AllDave Welcome to the forum! Could you please let me know which version of Alfred you're using? I have a vague recollection that this may have been the case in a very early version of Alfred, but certainly isn't an issue in Alfred 3.

Please download Alfred 3 from https://www.alfredapp.com for the latest version :)

Cheers,
Vero

19 minutes ago, AllDave said:

I wonder if the mouse is making little micromovements? 

That definitely seems to be the case. Look at these three frames from the moment the search appears until the result further down is selected. If you keep your eyes on the cursor, in the middle frame you can catch the movement.

vCVoBnx.gif

That said, it happens around 80% of the time... so again, an “ignore mouse” setting would be very helpful... in the meantime I'll try to find another mouse. This one's been very comfortable and reliable... I hate to lose it but I need Alfred!

BTW — thank you for developing such a superb program. I used to use Quicksilver but like Alfred so much I sprang for the PowerPack though I don't use any of those features.