Google search opens blank browser tab

Repeatably (today) and occasionally in the past since recently upgrading to High Sierra, when I invoke Alfred and type a term I wish to Google search for, I type the term, the Alfred dropdown shows a single option of "Search google for '<term>'" and then I hit enter. A new Chrome browser window opens but it's blank.

Alfred 3.5.1

Build 883, Wednesday 18th October 2017

High Sierra 

Version 10.13.2

• 3 weeks later...

[Edit: This post was merged from the other thread by this user, as both were on the same topic. - Vero]

When I bring up the Alfred input box and start typing a search term I get the usual "Search Google for 'XXX'" dropdown and I hit enter to perform the search. A browser tab opens but the URL is empty (as is the page).

This used to happen intermittently and started immediately after upgrading Sierra to High Sierra. Though, over the course of a month, it went from happening 10% of the time to 90% of the time.

I had some other problems too: with Alfred, the hotkey activation occasionally was ignored, and other Finder problems of several varieties.

I'm using the latest versions of Alfred (version 3.5.1 Build 883) and the latest version of High Sierra.

After 3 months of this, my computer was essentially unusable so I did a clean install of Sierra and everything is fine, as well as being noticeably much faster.

Edited by Vero
Merged from another thread