Write to Siri via Alfred

Googling and searching this forum didn't yield any results, so I'll go ahead and ask: 

Is it possible to use High Sierra's type-to-Siri feature via Alfred? My desired end-result would be something like activating Alfred, typing "!siri remind me to take out the garbage in Things" and have Siri set a new to do in Things. I generally find Alfred workflows a little clunky to use (I can never remember the syntax for commands I don't use often), and I actually find Siri useful, but don't want to talk to my Mac in the office. 

Welcome, @John Boehner,

2 hours ago, John Boehner said:

Is it possible to use High Sierra's type-to-Siri feature via Alfred?

Not unless there’s a way to do it via a the CLI (i.e. you can type a command in the Terminal and do it), and it looks like there isn’t. I’d also say it’s unlikely we’ll get that option, because it’s unlikely Apple cares. But you can ask them to.

2 hours ago, John Boehner said:

I generally find Alfred workflows a little clunky to use (I can never remember the syntax for commands I don't use often)

Some native improvements to that were discussed in another post. In the meantime, you can try this Workflow to help mitigate the issue.

• 1 year later...