Text Expand always putting 'v' in front of content

Hi there,

I'm facing an issue where if I try to expand text, it does expand, but it always places a 'v' in front of the expanded text.

For example, if my expansion is: zzz = "Hey, how are you?"

I'll type zzz and "vHey, how are you?" will be the result.

Any idea why this is happening?

Thanks,

Erik

AFAIK, Alfred inserts snippets by briefly putting the snippet on the pasteboard and then simulating ⌘V to paste it, which would explain where the V is coming from.

But that's just a guess.

As a rule, it's extremely hard to diagnose an issue if you can't replicate it for yourself. To those ends, could you provide more information, such as:

• A snippet that causes the issue
  • The apps that you're having issues with (is it really all of them?)
  • The versions of Alfred an macOS you're using
  • Any other apps you have running that monitor/adjust the pasteboard or hotkeys.

@Erik E I recall you emailed us and mentioned you were using virtual machines. Is this happening on your standard Mac account or exclusively in the virtual machine?

Your mileage may vary with VMs, as the way they interpret key events is very different to native apps.

Cheers,
Vero

@Erik E You may be able to map hotkeys in a VM, but text expansion isn't designed for this. It entirely depends on how your VM software handles shared clipboards, which is why I said your mileage may vary and that you'll need to experiment further.

Provided the clipboard works across the VM, your best bet is likely to pop up the Clipboard Viewer on your local Mac, press Cmd + C to copy the snippet or clipboard item, then focus in your VM window and paste it manually.

Cheers,
Vero