Play Song - Quickly play songs, albums, and more from iTunes

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Any chance this could be made to quickly play a specific playlist?

That might be possible to implement, though I have no plans for doing so. I'd prefer to keep the app simple by displaying only songs in the suggestions list. I hope you can understand.

-Caleb

• 3 months later...

Hi Caleb, 

It seems you have done great work, although it is not working for me in Yosemite. When I type play - space -song name, it transfer me to google. Any chance that the workflow got broken with Yosemite?

Thank you for your help,

I just downloaded the latest workflow from GitHub and tested it, but everything is working as it should. Note that if you hold down the control key when choosing a song from the list, it will search the song on Google. Perhaps the control key is somehow being held down when you choose a result.

I'm running Yosemite myself and have no issues using my workflow.

-Caleb

Edited by caleb531
  • 2 weeks later...

Not working for me on yosemite:

Starting debug for 'Play Song'

[ERROR: alfred.workflow.input.scriptfilter] Code 1: 3726:3743: execution error: The variable artworkFolderName is not defined. (-2753)
[ERROR: alfred.workflow.input.scriptfilter] Code 1: 3726:3743: execution error: The variable artworkFolderName is not defined. (-2753)

Not working for me on yosemite:

Did you download the workflow directly from GitHub?

New features sound great, but not working again:

[ERROR: alfred.workflow.input.scriptfilter] Code 1: execution error: Finder got an error: AppleEvent handler failed. (-10000)
[ERROR: alfred.workflow.input.scriptfilter] Code 1: execution error: Finder got an error: AppleEvent handler failed. (-10000)

I have the same problem.

Edited by Tyilo

I have the same problem.

Well, after a quick examination of the code, I can see how that might happen. However, in order to confirm this suspicion, I need your help:

Please tell me if the following path exists on your system. If it does not exist, then please tell me how far deep the path goes for you:

/Users/[YOUR USERNAME]/Library/Caches/com.runningwithcrayons.Alfred-2/Workflow Data/

Thanks,

Caleb

Edited by caleb531

Well, after a quick examination of the code, I can see how that might happen. However, in order to confirm this suspicion, I need your help:

Please tell me if the following path exists on your system. If it does not exist, then please tell me how far deep the path goes for you:

/Users/[YOUR USERNAME]/Library/Caches/com.runningwithcrayons.Alfred-2/Workflow Data/

Thanks,

Caleb

It exists and contains a directory called "caleb531.playsong" which contains some album artworks.

Could you try running this script in Terminal:

bundleid="com.calebevans.playsong"

container=""
for f in ~/Library/Application\ Support/Alfred\ 2/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.*/; do
    if plutil -extract bundleid xml1 "$f/info.plist" -o - | grep "$bundleid" &> /dev/null; then
        container="$f"
        break
    fi
done

if [[ "$container" = "" ]]; then
    echo 'Failed to find workflow container directory!'
    exit 1
fi

for f in "$container"/*.scpt; do
    plaintext=$(osadecompile "$f")
    # | sponge |
    echo "$plaintext" | osacompile -o "$f"
done

echo 'Recompiled scripts!'

It should recompile the script file that is causing that error.

Please report back it works.

Could you try running this script in Terminal:

bundleid="com.calebevans.playsong"

container=""
for f in ~/Library/Application\ Support/Alfred\ 2/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.*/; do
    if plutil -extract bundleid xml1 "$f/info.plist" -o - | grep "$bundleid" &> /dev/null; then
        container="$f"
        break
    fi
done

if [[ "$container" = "" ]]; then
    echo 'Failed to find workflow container directory!'
    exit 1
fi

for f in "$container"/*.scpt; do
    plaintext=$(osadecompile "$f")
    # | sponge |
    echo "$plaintext" | osacompile -o "$f"
done

echo 'Recompiled scripts!'

It should recompile the script file that is causing that error.

Please report back it works.

worked!

worked!

You should also be happy to know that I've integrated Tyilo's fix into the workflow itself, and so the issue of missing results should no longer be present. The new workflow is available for download via the link in this thread's original post.

Enjoy using the workflow!

Caleb

Edited by caleb531