Polyglot - yet another Google Translate workflow

Anyway, the network problem. It that line (105:17) in `google-translate-api/index.js` catch the query errors. In logs (Alfred preference => Toggle debugging mode => log [all information]) should be more detail information... Could you get it..

Edited by bikeNik
1 hour ago, bikeNik said:

Anyway, the network problem. It that line (105:17) in `google-translate-api/index.js` catch the query errors. In logs (Alfred preference => Toggle debugging mode => log [all information]) should be more detail information... Could you get it..

Starting debug for 'Google Translate'

[2018-10-18 13:22:23][input.scriptfilter] Queuing argument ''
[2018-10-18 13:22:23][input.scriptfilter] Queuing argument 't'
[2018-10-18 13:22:23][input.scriptfilter] Queuing argument 'te'
[2018-10-18 13:22:23][input.scriptfilter] Queuing argument 'tes'
[2018-10-18 13:22:23][input.scriptfilter] Queuing argument 'test'
[2018-10-18 13:22:24][input.scriptfilter] Script with argument 'test' finished
[2018-10-18 13:22:24][input.scriptfilter] {
	"items": [
		{
			"title": "Error: ",
			"subtitle": "Activate this item to try again. | ⌘L to see the stack trace",
			"autocomplete": "",
			"icon": {
				"path": "/System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Resources/AlertStopIcon.icns"
			},
			"valid": false,
			"text": {
				"largetype": "Error\n    at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/alfred-polyglot/node_modules/google-translate-api/index.js:105:17\n    at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:68:7)",
				"copy": "Error\n    at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/alfred-polyglot/node_modules/google-translate-api/index.js:105:17\n    at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:68:7)"
			}
		}
	]
}

On 10/19/2018 at 5:53 PM, bivalvegruff said:

I haven't, because I don't really know what it does.

It's a JavaScript interpreter/platform. It does the same thing as Python and Ruby and Perl, just they are included with macOS.

In any case, this workflow won't run without Node…

On 10/19/2018 at 5:53 PM, bivalvegruff said:

Are there any security issues with it? I've heard javascript isn't quite safe.

The security issues aren't relevant to workflows, and JavaScript is perfectly safe. The way webbrowsers run it causes the problems. So again, not relevant.

Edited by deanishe
speling

Got this error again today in google-translate-api/index.js:105: 17

In my case err.stack looks like:

"HTTPError: Response code 503 (Service Unavailable)
    at stream.catch.then.data (/Users/bikenik/.npm-global/lib/node_modules/alfred-polyglot/node_modules/got/index.js:123:13)
    at <anonymous>
    at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:189:7)"

Google message is: 

Our systems have detected unusual traffic from your computer network. This page checks to see if it's really you sending the requests, and not a robot.

So that can't be resolved by updating the token (TKK). I couldn't come up with a solution other than changing my IP using VPN service. or with proxy google-translate-api/issues/70#i. or dedicated IP.

Edited by bikeNik
  • 1 month later...
On 10/16/2018 at 10:37 PM, Zondebok said:

Installed successfully, but I get the following when trying to do any translation

image.thumb.png.1c27ba01adef9df14bb11d3b1be0fbae.png

I have also this error except for next_tick.js:77:7

the logs are these:

[2018-12-01 19:01:50][input.scriptfilter] Queuing argument ''
[2018-12-01 19:01:50][input.scriptfilter] Script with argument '' finished
[2018-12-01 19:01:50][input.scriptfilter] {
        {
            "title": "Translate '...'"
        }
    ]
}
[2018-12-01 19:01:50][input.scriptfilter] Queuing argument 'h'
[2018-12-01 19:01:51][input.scriptfilter] Queuing argument 'he'
[2018-12-01 19:01:51][input.scriptfilter] Queuing argument 'hel'
[2018-12-01 19:01:51][input.scriptfilter] Queuing argument 'hell'
[2018-12-01 19:01:51][input.scriptfilter] Queuing argument 'hello'
[2018-12-01 19:01:52][input.scriptfilter] Script with argument 'hello' finished
[2018-12-01 19:01:52][input.scriptfilter] {
        {
            "title": "Error: ",
            "subtitle": "Activate this item to try again. | ⌘L to see the stack trace",
            "autocomplete": "",
            "icon": {
                "path": "/System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Resources/AlertStopIcon.icns"
            },
            "valid": false,
            "text": {
                "largetype": "Error\n    at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/alfred-polyglot/node_modules/google-translate-api/index.js:105:17\n    at process.internalTickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:77:7)",
                "copy": "Error\n    at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/alfred-polyglot/node_modules/google-translate-api/index.js:105:17\n    at process.internalTickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:77:7)"
            }
        }
    ]
}

Any idea on what's happening? I am on Alfred 3.7 and Macos Mojave 10.14.1

Thanks in advance!

Hi, thank you for your quick answer.

I don't think that's the point. I disconnected from my network (cable and wi-fi) and connected to the internet tethering my cell-phone connection. Then flushed DNS Cache in my Mac. Despite that, I keep having the same issue.

@Xusqui

1 hour ago, Xusqui said:

I disconnected from my network (cable and wi-fi) and connected to the internet tethering my cell-phone connection.

To rule out the errors related to Google's protections - try to go into this link:

https://translate.google.com/translate_a/single?client=t&amp;sl=auto&amp;tl=en&amp;hl=en&amp;dt=at&amp;dt=bd&amp;dt=ex&amp;dt=ld&amp;dt=md&amp;dt=qca&amp;dt=rw&amp;dt=rm&amp;dt=ss&amp;dt=t&amp;ie=UTF-8&amp;oe=UTF-8&amp;otf=1&amp;ssel=0&amp;tsel=0&amp;kc=7&amp;q=Hello world&amp;tk=535281.958536

You should get the text file with JSON data, otherwise, you'll get the error - kind of 503 or another with some message from Google API.

Edited by bikeNik

Hi, thank you again...

I get a .json file (f.txt.json) with the content:

[[["Hello world","Hello world",null,null,0]],null,"en",null,null,null,0.88929719,null,[["en"],null,[0.88929719],["en"]]]

connected to my LAN

Is it right?

Edited by Xusqui
further information

Ok... I completely uninstalled Node.js and npm and reinstalled again (10.14.1 for node and 6.4.1 for npm)

I tried to install and now npm won't give me any errors, but the installation does:

$ sudo /usr/local/bin/npm install -g alfred-polyglot

> alfred-polyglot@1.2.1 postinstall /usr/local/lib/node_modules/alfred-polyglot

> alfy-init

{ Error: Command failed: alfred-link

Error: Alfred preferences not found at location /Users/franciscofernandezcano/Library/Preferences/com.runningwithcrayons.Alfred-Preferences-3.plist

at pathExists.then.exists (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/alfred-polyglot/node_modules/resolve-alfred-prefs/index.js:15:10)

at Promise.all.then.arr (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/alfred-polyglot/node_modules/execa/index.js:201:11)

at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:68:7)

code: 1,

killed: false,

stdout: '',

stderr:

'Error: Alfred preferences not found at location /Users/franciscofernandezcano/Library/Preferences/com.runningwithcrayons.Alfred-Preferences-3.plist\n    at pathExists.then.exists (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/alfred-polyglot/node_modules/resolve-alfred-prefs/index.js:15:10)\n',

failed: true,

signal: null,

cmd: 'alfred-link',

timedOut: false }

npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE

npm ERR! errno 1

npm ERR! alfred-polyglot@1.2.1 postinstall: `alfy-init`

npm ERR! Exit status 1

npm ERR!

npm ERR! Failed at the alfred-polyglot@1.2.1 postinstall script.

npm ERR! This is probably not a problem with npm. There is likely additional logging output above.

npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:

npm ERR!     /Users/franciscofernandezcano/.npm/_logs/2018-12-02T13_02_34_140Z-debug.log

I PM the npm log.

Ok... That's what I had when I didn't make SUDO, I got EACCESS errors.

So I have followed the instructions here: https://docs.npmjs.com/resolving-eacces-permissions-errors-when-installing-packages-globally and now I can install and uninstall globally without sudo: Now the output when installing Alfred-polyglot seems to be fine:

$ npm install -g alfred-polyglot

> alfred-polyglot@1.2.1 postinstall /Users/franciscofernandezcano/.npm-global/lib/node_modules/alfred-polyglot

> alfy-init

+ alfred-polyglot@1.2.1

added 148 packages from 59 contributors in 10s

But still getting the same error.

As I have installed a node versión manager (n), I have tried different versions of node, and I get that error in all the versions I have tried.

Any other suggestions?