Sorting Snipets

Ever since the latest 3.6 update, the sorting of my snippets has been changed to reflect recently used, even after searching for a snippet. I have 4 emails that I like to have on hand, and I've gotten used to be being able to type "em" then cmd+[1-4] depending on which email I want to use. All of the names and keywords are the same, so what can I do to get them back in my original order?

• 3 weeks later...

This is causing trouble for me as well.  I have numeric prefixes for all of my snippets so that they end up in a specific order.  Either create a setting for the old sorting method or allow drag-and-drop reordering of the snippets.  I'm not entirely sure if it is actually the recently used order, but "recently used order" is a sort order I really hate unless it's used in a "Recent *" list.

@littleluce @henderea In which context are you referring to this? Using the "snip" keyword in Alfred's main window? In this view, snippets have always reordered by most frequently used.

If you prefer to see your snippets always in the same order, set a hotkey for the Snippet Viewer (Features > Snippets > Viewer Hotkey) or access them via the Clipboard Viewer hotkey.

Having said that, I'd recommend setting up snippet auto-expansion if you use these snippets often, then you can expand them by simply typing their keyword, which will be expanded to the full text snippet. Personally, I use these hundreds of times a day for my most-used bits of text, and it's the quickest way to paste in pre-defined text. :) 

More info on setting up text expansion here:

https://www.alfredapp.com/help/features/snippets/#expansion

Cheers,

Vero