Why do node installed workflows randomly reset all the time?

I have a few workflows that I installed with npm. The issue with these workflows is that I often like to add an external trigger to the workflows I am using. However after a few days or weeks, the workflows randomly reset to their initial state, disregarding all my changes.

An example of a workflow that reset itself multiple times already is MDN. But there is many more.

Why does this happen? And can I avoid it?

Edited by nikivi

I am currently 'solving' this issue for myself by automating insertion of the external triggers with same trigger name.

5aa04388ac877_2018-03-07at20_54.thumb.png.9ba6fc2d1d1086d0b5fadbdf44fa662c.png

Which whilst a bit annoying, works. I will try to install things not from npm though going forward.

1 minute ago, nikivi said:

Will I get workflow updates this way? I am not too familiar with Alfy.

Me neither, tbh. I've definitely seen Node-based workflows notify me of updates, and I never install them with npm, but I've no idea if they were based on Alfy…

In any case, however you update your workflows, you're going to lose the elements you've added. For your favourites, at least, it might be easier to manage your changes by forking the repo and handling updates with git instead of using workflows' or Alfred's own update mechanisms.