Search into notes in the MacOS Notes applicaitons

Is it possible to set the search to include individual notes of the default Mac Notes application? Or is it a PowerPack feature (I use the free version now, but I am considering the PowerPack)? Something that Siri does, but I do not feel like moving over to Siri, I am way too much used to Alfred by now (and like it..:-).

12 hours ago, Ivan Herman said:

Is it possible to set the search to include individual notes of the default Mac Notes application?

No, not any more. In High Sierra, the notes are stored in a database, not as separate files, so there's no way to include them in Alfred's default search.

If you have the Powerpack, then it's possible to write a workflow that searches the Notes.app database, but the go-to workflow for Notes doesn't yet work on High Sierra (and may never do), so you'd probably have to write your own.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/11/2018 at 11:43 PM, deanishe said:

No, not any more. In High Sierra, the notes are stored in a database, not as separate files, so there's no way to include them in Alfred's default search.

If you have the Powerpack, then it's possible to write a workflow that searches the Notes.app database, but the go-to workflow for Notes doesn't yet work on High Sierra (and may never do), so you'd probably have to write your own.

@deanishe any advice on learning how to create workflows of our own?  In your opinion do you think a beginner writing their own workflow to search the Notes database will succeed?

On 6/4/2018 at 8:42 PM, nadnosliw said:

In your opinion do you think a beginner writing their own workflow to search the Notes database will succeed?

I've seen beginners create much more complex workflows. It depends on what you want the workflow to do. Reading the Notes SQLite database and showing the notes in Alfred isn't a hugely complicated task.