New snippets not linked to any collection are silently lost

vermeer

v3.6 [903] - High Sierra 10.13.3

Steps to reproduce:

- trigger the clipboard viewer

- choose an entry then Cmd+S to create a snippet from this entry

- give the snippet a name, then save

The snippet you just supposedly created is nowhere to be found :-/

Additional information: I have a unique snippet collection. When I save the new snippet, by default, no collection is selected. (my unique collection should be selected by default, I cannot think about it every time...)

Then it seems that as no collection is selected, the snippet is silently lost.

However, if I manually select the collection when creating the new snippet, the snippet is correctly created.

Fixes I suggest:

-a collection should be selected by default

-in case no collection is selected, the snippet should *not* silently be lost...

Unfortunately I cannot change the topic's name. I would like to change it to:

New snippets not linked to any collection are silently lost.

Also, I suggest the following fix:

any new snippet *should* be part of a collection. A snippet without collection should not be creatable.

• deanishe changed the title to New snippets not linked to any collection are silently lost

@vermeer We've tested this on both Sierra and High Sierra, and are unable to replicate this issue. Just to be certain that you're on the latest update, if you go to the General tab, do you see v3.6 on the left just above the big purple bar? This should confirm you're on the latest update :)

If so, do you have at least one existing snippet collection? The collection should be automatically selected in the dropdown menu when popping up the snippet creation window. If no collection has yet been created, you should see an error message letting you know that the snippet can't be saved until you create a collection.

Could you try restarting your Mac to see whether this behaviour returns to normal after a fresh start?

Finally, if the issue persists, please open Console.app and see whether there are any Alfred-related error messages when attempting to save a snippet.

Cheers,
Vero

Hi @Andrew @Vero

I am no longer able to reproduce the issue, not sure what fixed it! My (unique) snippet collection is now selected by default everytime when I create a new snippet.

I will let you know if this ever happens again!

Cheers

Vermeer

v3.6 [903] - High Sierra 10.13.3

Edited by vermeer