Get filename of current file in workflowvariable

Hey all,

new to Alfred, but I like it very much so far.

here's the thing. i am building a workflow, which is supposed to paste a snippet in a file, where I typed the shortcode. I use a workflow because I want to add some variables, which should be pasted on several places in the snippet.

One of the things I would like, is to paste the current filename in the snippet. Is that possible? Can anybody tell me how to do that, or point me to a topic where this was explained earlier? Many thanks in advance

greets,

Peter

I am triggering the workflow by snippetname, while working in a file. So I am in Atom, for example, editing an existing file. I trigger the workflow by typing !snippetname and I would like the have the name of the file I am working in available as a variable 

You can also use AppleScript to find the title of the document like that:

tell application "System Events"
	tell application process "Atom" to return title of first window
end tell

If you want to have a more general script that would work with other applications, you can get the window title of the front application like that:

tell application "System Events"
	tell (first application process whose frontmost is true) to return title of first window
end tell

Regarding Atom, note that Atom would return a string that look like "fileName.extension — folderPath" so you can split the string into the fileName and folderPath if needed or get only one part if the other is not needed