1Password 7.0 "open and fill" not working in Chrome and Firefox [1Password Fixed]

charlie-brise

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@HRD I rolled my 1Password changes back out as the beta was broken for open and fill, then they reverted back to the old Safari extension... which should work again with the current version of Alfred (in my testing anyway). I'm continuing to monitor this situation though.

Cheers,

Andrew

Hi @Andrew

Thanks for that. My default browser is Chrome and as far as I can tell open and fill is not working but this may be a bug with 1Password 7. I will pass on your latest and revert when I get a response.

• 2 weeks later...

@Andrew

1Password 7 is officially released. I have it installed along with the latest version of Alfred, but the open and autofill function is not working through Alfred. I have verified that settings are enabled in both Alfred and 1Password 7 to allow access, just as I done successfully with 1Password 6. 

I'm using Safari as my default browser and I reinstalled the 1Password 4.7.1 extension directly from their site and from Apple's extension gallery, but the issue persists. 

Any word on the status of this issue? 

Thanks!

Edited by Shraden

• Andrew changed the title to 1Password 7.0 "open and fill"
  • Andrew changed the title to 1Password 7.0 "open and fill" [Fixed 3.6.2 b914]

@HRD I can reproduce this, and I suspect this will need a fix in 1Password 7.

I've also tried updating Alfred to use the new 1Password 7 URL scheme for open and fill, but this seems to only work when 1Password is unlocked. If it's currently locked, the open and fill URL just gets ignored.

I've sent an updated email to 1Password :)

I confirm, 3.6.2. (915) pre-release and 1password 7.0.1 not working in Chrome correctly. If i open my login item through Alfred it just opens url and doesn't fill and submit, if i open login item through 1password mini itself, then and it's autofills and submits as expected.

• Andrew changed the title to 1Password 7.0 "open and fill" not working in Chrome and Firefox [Awaiting fix]