Does anyone use workflow objects colour to semantically mean something?

Since Alfred allows to colour workflow objects to many colours, I wonder if anyone actually use this feature to somehow separate objects in some way. Perhaps by group or some kind of category or meaning. I know 

I am curious about this as I never actually added any colours in my workflows, only notes. I was inspired to ask this question from @deanishe's Safari Assistant workflow as I saw he used colours to neatly group certain workflow objects together that I found quite cool.

2018-04-21 at 13.13.png

Anyone else does something similar? Would love to hear your thoughts/reasoning on it.

Edited by nikivi

OneUpdater is the only place where I’ve added a colour, and my criteria for picking that particular one was “the colour I think people are less likely to use in their own Workflows, so it doesn’t clash with their choices”. Since OneUpdater is supposed to be a (mostly) drop-in solution that you can get rid of by deleting its node, I wanted to make it clear which one it was.

Looking at the colours again, I find all of them quite ugly and not very colour-blind-friendly. I wonder how they were picked. Maybe it’s a default selection from macOS.

But now that I think about, since colour also affects the connection line, I should use it in cases where connections are a bit tangled. From this:

EFfNSqQ.png

To (something like) this:

x6er3bT.png

• 4 weeks later...

I started to colour Alfred objects that have errors in them and need to be fixed in red colour. A kind of TODO but without actually writing TODO in a note or anywhere.

I also made a KM macro to quickly do the colouring of the object so I don't have to do it manually:

272477047_2018-05-14at21_01.png.9bc8f37b2880fea3a54fe2010f5a5a50.png

It helps me quite a bit.

Edited by nikivi