vitor

SandwichTimer — Run pomodoros and other timers

Control SandwichTimer from Alfred, to run pomodoros and timers. If you don’t have the app installed, invoke :sandwichtimerupdateapp to get the latest version. See the linked page for screenshots of the app in action.

Call pomo or set a keyboard shortcut to start a pomodoro timer. If another is already running, it’ll be aborted.

timer will let you set as many timers as you want, for the specified amount of time.

With both options, actioning with ⌥ will quit all instances of the SandwichTimer app.

Download | Source

@vitor I was thinking about replacing my current pomodoro timer with another tool that was a little more Alfred-friendly, when I came across your workflow. This looks fantastic! Thanks for sharing.

One quick question: Does your workflow tell you how much time is left on the timer?

It doesn't look like it does, but I just wanted to make sure. From what I can tell from the app's GitHub page, it doesn't look like it's possible to either.

Thanks for your help!

2 hours ago, Jasondm007 said:

Does your workflow tell you how much time is left on the timer?

Yes, on the status bar. That’s what the two top screenshots are. Only the minutes (on purpose, I don’t intend to change that — it’s the second most important feature, only behind being invocable via CLI).

Unfortunately, it can no longer keep the notification open with those two options, because somewhere on the Electron/macOS stack they’ve stop allowing that for unsigned apps, and I can’t justify the $99 to do it.

Thanks, @vitor!! I didn't realize that first screenshot was from the menu bar / status menu. That's pretty neat!

Is it possible to view the remaining time from Alfred, too - or is it status bar only? Thanks.

Cool project, too!

11 hours ago, Jasondm007 said:

Is it possible to view the remaining time from Alfred, too - or is it status bar only?

Just the status bar. The Workflow is just a convenient interface to deal with the app. The app does everything.

My fav timer app because it keeps making a sound, and so it's particular useful when you've left your computer and just come back 😄 

An added ability to write down a timer name or reminder would be amazing! (I normally use this when cooking, so it'd be great to write 'take out the vegetables' lol

On 7/5/2019 at 8:49 AM, CuteCat said:

My fav timer app because it keeps making a sound, and so it's particular useful when you've left your computer and just come back

Do take into account the app respects Do Not Disturb, so it won’t warn if that is on. I’m thinking of adding an exception for timers, as those can be dangerous if unchecked. I’m unlikely to do so anytime soon, because without being able to sign the app and have better notifications (like it used to), I’m less motivated to work on it.

On 7/5/2019 at 8:49 AM, CuteCat said:

An added ability to write down a timer name or reminder would be amazing!

Possible but unlikely (see above).

Bottom line, unless I:

• Am offered an Apple Developer account for free. Unlikely to ever happen.
  • Make an app for macOS or iOS I want to sell. Unlikely to happen soon or ever, since I’m crap at promoting myself.
  • Get enough financial freedom that the $99/year makes little difference. Not seeing that happen soon.

Then chances are I won’t develop the app further. It was hard enough to build and get right as it is, only to have features swept from under its feet by forces outside my control.

Oh, DnD interaction is interesting, thanks for letting me know! ☺️

No worries! I'm grateful enough for the time you put into it!

@vitor thank you for creating this! I have tried every other Alfred timer workflow out there — Timer, Simple Timer, EggTimer 2 — and none of them have worked consistently. This is so helpful!

Great app!

One thing I liked about EggTimer (when it worked :p) was it always showing a notification after setting timer, simply stating "Timer Set for X Mins" ---- helped peace of mind.
Any hope for this app doing same?

1 hour ago, cory said:

Great app!

Thank you.

1 hour ago, cory said:

One thing I liked about EggTimer (when it worked :p) was it always showing a notification after setting timer, simply stating "Timer Set for X Mins" ---- helped peace of mind.
Any hope for this app doing same?

The app always show the remaining timer in the menubar, a notification would be repeated information. Unless, I guess, if you’re using an app in full screen. I’ll think about it, but make no promises.