SandwichTimer — Run pomodoros and other timers

3 hours ago, Alfred.pv said:

@vitorthis workflow is working great for me.

Glad to know.

3 hours ago, Alfred.pv said:

but I have issue there, I have use bartender https://www.macbartender.com, it keep hiding your application icon, see that each of your menu bar are very unique, I have to configure bartender to show this individually 

I don’t see an issue; that’s how Bartender (which I also use) is supposed to function and it allows you to configure what you want to always show.

• 3 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, jsn117 said:

love this app and it's simplicity.

Thank you.

37 minutes ago, jsn117 said:

Is there any way to have a banner notification that remains on screen at the start of the 25 min

See a previous post:

On 7/3/2019 at 11:05 PM, vitor said:

Unfortunately, it can no longer keep the notification open with those two options, because somewhere on the Electron/macOS stack they’ve stop allowing that for unsigned apps, and I can’t justify the $99 to do it.

1 hour ago, vitor said:

In Alfred. Open it and type that.

Thanks. What I was missing that this was a keyword in your sandwich workflow, I thought it was something I could run independently.  

Though, it doesn't work for me. Alfred recognizes the keyword, but nothing happens.

sandwich.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-23 at 14.57.17.png

Now I installed it by downloaded the zipped file for the CLI. Unzipped, placed in Applications. Ran chmod +x SandwichTimer.app/Contents/MacOS/SandwichTimer, since I couldn't my mac to execute the file until I did this.

And now when I activate alfred and run 'pomo' I get this debug output:

[15:07:53.903] SandwichTimer[Keyword] Processing complete
[15:07:53.909] SandwichTimer[Keyword] Passing output '' to Run Script
[15:07:53.939] ERROR: SandwichTimer[Run Script] dyld: Library not loaded: @rpath/Electron Framework.framework/Electron Framework
  Referenced from: /Applications/SandwichTimer.app/Contents/MacOS/SandwichTimer
  Reason: no suitable image found.  Did find:
    /Applications/SandwichTimer.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/Electron Framework.framework/Electron Framework: file too short
    /Applications/SandwichTimer.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/Electron Framework.framework/Electron Framework: stat() failed with errno=1
./sandwichtimer_functions.bash: line 9: 10055 Abort trap: 6           "${sandwich_timer_app}/Contents/MacOS/SandwichTimer" 'pomodoro'
[15:07:53.942] SandwichTimer[Run Script] Processing complete
[15:07:53.943] SandwichTimer[Run Script] Passing output '' to Run Script

Screen Shot 2020-12-23 at 15.11.16.png

1 hour ago, mnlp said:

Though, it doesn't work for me. Alfred recognizes the keyword, but nothing happens.

Should be fixed in the latest version. Try it again.

1 hour ago, mnlp said:

Ran chmod +x SandwichTimer.app/Contents/MacOS/SandwichTimer, since I couldn't my mac to execute the file until I did this.

That shouldn’t be necessary.

1 hour ago, mnlp said:

dyld: Library not loaded: @rpath/Electron Framework.framework/Electron Framework

That’s an Electron issue, and one I cannot reproduce. Are you on Big Sur? It has been reported to screw up some apps downloaded inside zips in certain cases. Try the Workflow’s method.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey there.

Totally forgot about SandwichTimer i used before. Just downloaded installed the Universal Build release on Big Sur 11.15.1 Intel and get the same error as above "Reason: no suitable image found"

Is the latest updates for 11.15 causing Electron issues?

No Alfred PowerPack installed yet as migrating from previous MacBook right now.

thanks for the timer!

I’ll take a pull request or an issue with instructions on how to fix it, but I haven’t messed with Electron in too long and it changes too much too often.

Eventually I’d rather make it a Swift and SwiftUI (if it can even do menubar) app. No promises on a timeframe; Apple’s atrocious documentation is a huge turn off.

Edited by vitor
  • 5 months later...

I'm looking forward to using this in my workflow, but running into a problem. 

After a timer has successfully ended the notification kept repeating. After clicking on "quit" it still persist in Notification Center and I can't close it even if I click on the (X) or "quit". Quit actually starts a timer on 25 minutes. I've tried the ⌥ to quit timers + pomodoros without success (the timer disappears from status bar, but the notification still lingers in Notification Center).

503949567_Timerbug.gif.10212a5ff4173833eaddcefc598385a8.gif

Sorry no mouse showing, but you can see the (x) and "Quit" being clicked repeatably.

Keep up the amazing workflows! Very much appreciated 🙌

• 10 months later...
On 5/19/2018 at 10:30 PM, vitor said:

For the forum, here are some screenshots of the app working:

6JbVtsB.png3hEIa0f.png

JHIR2yk.png

z6npj6R.png

R2nqqQU.png

@vitor I love this sandwich timer app and activating it from Alfred. After a cycle is completed, is there a way to "Start break" using keyword shortcut? or automatically start break if there is no user input or click after waiting for few seconds? 

4 hours ago, TomBenz said:

After a cycle is completed, is there a way to "Start break" using keyword shortcut? or automatically start break if there is no user input or click after waiting for few seconds?

No, but that gives me an idea for handling pomodoros in the next version.

• 2 months later...

Deprecating in favour of Shrieking Chimes, which uses the Ventura Clock app to set timers and alarms (new!) but not pomodoros as that’s not really viable with this solution. That said, SandwichTimer will continue to work for the foreseeable future. Also, because Shrieking Chimes has External Triggers, one can set up their own workflow to fire alarms with specific times. E.g.: Connect a Hotkey to an Arg and Vars with 1500 (25 minutes in seconds) as the Argument and connect that to a Call External Trigger.