How to find the clipboard image history in finder

@Alex Miller What exactly are you trying to achieve? If you type "image:" into the Clipboard History, you'll be able to narrow your search down to images only. (Use "file:" for file paths)

Once you find the file in the Clipboard History, either press Return to paste it to your frontmost location or Cmd + C to copy it to your current clipboard, ready to use.

While Alfred does store the images, they may not be in the format you're expecting, so it'd be helpful to understand what you're actually trying to do. :)

Cheers,
Vero

@Alex Miller In that case, typing "image:" into the Clipboard History is likely the most efficient way as you can then just scan down the list and preview it.

If you want to get to the actual files, go to ~/Library/Application Support/Alfred 3/Databases/clipboard.alfdb.data/

Cheers,
Vero

• 2 years later...
On 6/5/2018 at 2:04 AM, Vero said:

@Alex Miller What exactly are you trying to achieve? If you type "image:" into the Clipboard History, you'll be able to narrow your search down to images only. (Use "file:" for file paths)

Once you find the file in the Clipboard History, either press Return to paste it to your frontmost location or Cmd + C to copy it to your current clipboard, ready to use.

While Alfred does store the images, they may not be in the format you're expecting, so it'd be helpful to understand what you're actually trying to do. :)

Cheers,
Vero

Hello, I have a somewhat similar issue.  When I find the image I want, instead of Cmd+C, is there a way to just direct it to the Preview App automatically?

1 hour ago, JLo said:

When I find the image I want, instead of Cmd+C, is there a way to just direct it to the Preview App automatically?

This workflow might interest you:

You can Quick Look clipboard images with SHIFT, then Open with Preview.

RETURN will save the image AND delete it from Alfred's clipboard history, but the Quick Look is non-destructive.