Text expansion issue when working in VS Code

I noticed that when I use text expansion in VS Code, the snippets don't expand fully. It seems to occur when the Markdown All in One extension is enabled. I've opened an issue here: Text snippets don't expand correctly when using text expansion, with Markdown All in One enabled · Issue #200 · neilsustc/vscode-markdown.

I did some additional testing with TextExpander and I wasn't able to reproduce the issue when I expanded snippets in TextExpander, when the Markdown All in One extension is enabled in VS Code.

Would there be something about how Alfred expands snippets that differs from how TE handles text expansion, that could be causing this issue in VS Code? I've only really noticed this issue in VS Code, and when the Markdown All in One extension is enabled. I've been using Atom as my primary editor and don't have this issue there, so this seems to be caused by some sort of interaction between VS Code (with the extension enabled), and Alfred.

I don't suppose you have any insights that might be helpful in troubleshooting this?

Edited by pauljacobson
I initially inserted a Markdown link that doesn't convert into HTML in the forum post editor.
  • 4 years later...

Nothing on this issue that's been open since 2018? Experiencing the same, trying to work with snippets in VS Code but it's a super wonky experience. Granted, I can use the snippets built into VS Code but I'd much prefer to manage all of these in one place and take advantage of Alfred's ability to work with more than one app.

I'll add that I experienced this in Alfred 4 and continue to experience it in Alfred 5.

Edited by vinniefm
Adding info...