lankysam

[SOLVED] lag upon activating Alfred

I have been using Alfred for 5 years without even a hint of a problem but I am now having a lag (four or five seconds) upon launching Alfred (by keystroke).  I have cleared the application cache, rebuilt Mac OS metadata, and restarted (app and mac).  Any suggestions?   Alfred version 3.6.1, Mac OS 10.12.6.   Thanks.

@lankysam Welcome to the forum! Could you please let me know which hotkey you're trying to use? If you change hotkey to something obscure and unlikely to be used by another app/service, is it faster? It's possible that the hotkey you've chosen is in use by something else which interferes with Alfred popping up normally.

Also, when taking a look at Activity Monitor on your Mac, is your Mac running at an unusually high CPU load?

Cheers,
Vero

Hi Vero and thank you for your response.  A few hours after I posted Alfred seemed to be back in order.  Perhaps the entire metadata rebuild had yet to finish?

2 hours ago, lankysam said:

Perhaps the entire metadata rebuild had yet to finish?

That is entirely possible, as the operation can take a while. Glad it’s sorted!