Can't open contacts with Cobbok (default contacts app)

cprovenc

OS X 10.8.3, Alfred v2.0.1 (173), Cobook 1.2.2

Cobook is set as my default contacts app, however Alfred won't open contacts with that app (nothing happens when I select the contact in the Alfred results).

I get the same thing on two different Macs (running same versions of the apps).  This did work with Alfred v1.  I can confirm that the contacts do open in Alfred v2.  I have not tried using Apple's Address Book as the default contacts app.

OS X 10.8.3, Alfred v2.0.1 (173), Cobook 1.2.2

Cobook is set as my default contacts app, however Alfred won't open contacts with that app (nothing happens when I select the contact in the Alfred results).

I get the same thing on two different Macs (running same versions of the apps).  This did work with Alfred v1.  I can confirm that the contacts do open in Alfred v2.  I have not tried using Apple's Address Book as the default contacts app.

Alfred 2 works directly with the much more reliable Contacts API, and when you want to open in address book, it calls the URL scheme addressbook:// with the person's UID. As Contacts.app opens this fine with the contact, it could be a bug in cobook - it may be worth raising the issue with them :)

Maybe a contacts metadata filter will work better as this works more like v1. I've thrown a basic workflow together for you:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/6749767/Alfred/Workflows/Contacts%20filter%20like%20v1.alfredworkflow

With this contacts metadata filter, is this possible to add an AppleScript action? I can't figure out how to get the my script working with the "file" of a contact.

This is possible, but it's probably best to put a request in the Workflows forum section describing what you want to achieve, and you'll get plenty of help to get a good workflow in place for Cobook :)

This is possible, but it's probably best to put a request in the Workflows forum section describing what you want to achieve, and you'll get plenty of help to get a good workflow in place for Cobook :)

Workflow request posted here!