issue with findind and launching apps

I just switched from Alfred 2 to 3.

When installing a new app, the 2 version of Alfred immediately indexed it and I could find and launch it via Alfred.

Now it takes forever, even a couple of days.

It ends up indexing it, but I suspect something is wrong.

I didn't change anything from default configuration.

Thank you.

Thank you. I went through all point with no joy. Spotligth finds them, Alfred does not. Not even after a couple of days. An example, I installed Acrobat. When I want to launch it, I have to use spotlight. I tried to rebuild cache, no joy. Thank you.

@tsolignani Welcome to the forum. :) 

I appreciate you responded to @vitor saying you followed the steps on the troubleshooting guide, but could you please carefully follow the steps below?

• Open the Spotlight Preferences Pane to the Privacy tab
  • Drag your Applications folder (or the Applications folder containing your Acrobat app, if it's in another location) to the Privacy tab, and wait 30 seconds 
  • Remove the Applications folder from the Privacy tab, and wait another 30 seconds. This will allow macOS to reindex that folder
  • Type "reload" into Alfred to refresh the application cache Alfred holds for apps specifically

You should then be able to search for the Acrobat app and find it in Alfred's results.

If you have further issues, please provide more details as to exactly what files are an issue, where they're located, and so on, so that we can help you further.

It's worth noting that Alfred doesn't have his own file index, and relies on macOS, so if your Mac is taking two days to complete a reindex, there may be a deeper issue with index corruption. In that case, a full reindex, as per step 4 of the guide provided by Vitor (and checking the "Delete /.Spotlight-V100" box when it pops up) should resolve that.

Cheers,
Vero

Thank you. It does not work. I launched an index rebuild as per your instructions. This is a mac which I rebuild from scratch a couple of weeks ago, I reinitialized the main disk and installed a fresh High Sierra copy. Ill' let you know how it works the rebuilding. Thank you for you help and interest into the matter.

After rebuilding the index, now it works. I just wonders what is going to happen if I install new app, will it index it or not? Anyway I guess that's not an issue with Alfred but with OS X.

Thank you with your help on the matter.

Love Alfred.