screenshot.png.bbfb02c848f8d0dcae5dbbad5235bc79.png

An Alfred 3 workflow for generating lorem ipsum dummy text using joshtronic/php-loremipsum.

View on Github

Installation

1. Download the workflow
  2. Double click the .alfredworkflow file to install

Usage

1. Use the keyword lipsum to trigger the workflow
  2. Select format you want to generate (characters, words, sentences, or paragraphs)
  3. (Optional) Type in the number of the format you would like to generate (defaults to 1)
  4. Press enter to copy to clipboard and paste into the forefront application or just ⌘ + c to copy to clipboard

Release Log

Edited by alexchantastic

I know there are a few lorem ipsum workflows already floating around, but I wanted to make my own and have had this on GitHub for a while.

I recently had a feature request to add character based generation which some may find useful as well so I figured it was time to share it here.

• 3 years later...
On 11/2/2021 at 10:36 AM, Slavsquat said:

This doesn’t seem to work for me anymore since upgrading to Monterrey.

Check the latest version, released a few hours ago. The Workflow was rewritten to use Python instead of PHP. You’ll probably still need to install it, since the author is using Python 3 which does not ship with macOS. Making a new issue on GitHub might be more effective in this case since the author hasn’t visited the forum in a while.

On 11/3/2021 at 7:37 PM, vitor said:

Check the latest version, released a few hours ago. The Workflow was rewritten to use Python instead of PHP. You’ll probably still need to install it, since the author is using Python 3 which does not ship with macOS. Making a new issue on GitHub might be more effective in this case since the author hasn’t visited the forum in a while.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I got in touch with the author and they've kindly updated the workflow (v3.1) to work with Python 2, which is included with macOS.