Can I import Textexpander .csv files to Alfred 3 Snippets?

8 minutes ago, nikivi said:

From what I read BackBlaze doesn't need to decrypt the backup to store it.

It doesn't. But if you want to retrieve your data, you have to give them the decryption key.

2 minutes ago, vitor said:

Bah! Bunch of weaklings, what you all are, with your fancy apps and your files in a cloud. What if it rains? Have you thought of that? True scotsmen don’t need backups, they memorise the binary representation of every file, and if they ever lose one they type it out. And that only if they’re in a hurry, because everyone knows the proper method is to forge the words on a metal plate inside a volcano, and read it back by holding it high to be struck by lighting.

Shouldn't you be running Gentoo?

Just now, deanishe said:

But if you want to retrieve your data, you have to give them the decryption key

It doesn't let you retrieve encrypted data to decrypt it locally? That's silly. I guess I will look into Amazon/Google then.

5 minutes ago, deanishe said:

Shouldn't you be running Gentoo?

I’ve used Gentoo in the past. I’ve stopped when I decided I wanted to actually do things with my system. Your box does become blazing fast, but you have no time to enjoy the speed because you’re always configuring something. Well, to be fair that was over ten years ago so maybe it’s gotten better. I mean, Homebrew can also compile from source and it’s a seamless process.

11 minutes ago, nikivi said:

I guess I will look into Amazon/Google then.

Amazon Glacier is dirt cheap, but they charge for everything except uploads. It’s meant as a “backup but hope you never need it” solution.

Hey gang, just to briefly drag the thread kicking and screaming back to the topic, anyone got a link to some handy Alfred-ready versions of the default TextExpander suggested snippets, like accented words and HTM stuff? There was a Dropbox link on a different thread but seems to be 404'd now.