I cannot drop files into two different kind of action modules

1.  I cannot drop aif files or mp3 files into the Sound Dialog folder.?

2.  I cannot drop anything whatsoever into the  "Open App/Files" Action module folder after I have put Safari into them; it seems like once you put 1 item into the box, it will not accept a new item afterward.?

Ref:  Help and Support > Workflows > Actions > Launch Apps and Files (from Safari) (What kinds of files is Safari supposed to be able to open anyway???)   ?

(On the other hand, I am starting to see some light peek through the clouds of my frustration; I am actually starting to make some of these workflows to do what they are advertised as doing) ?

I just read the article "Help and Support > Workflows > Actions > Open File"  which (I guess) was supposed to answer my question above posted just a few minutes ago.  It seems that Safari is supposed to be able to open different kinds of image files?  I did not know that after all these years as being a computer hound. ?

I also just read the guidelines on submitting a bug report which I failed to do before (I apologize for my indiscretion); sorry, my bad, as the millennials say.

• deanishe changed the title to I cannot drop files into two different kind of action modules

@PAUL R FONTENOT In answer to your questions:

1. As explained before, dropping sound files is literally copying sound files from one folder in Finder to another. You use the little squares button in the Play Sound output to open Finder to the folder where you should be dropping sounds for that workflow which can then be used by all Play Sound objects in that workflow.

2. The "Launch Apps and Files" action is different to "Open File" action. The former can open multiple apps or files, the latter is for opening the passed in files with the given app (or default app).

I'm moving this to to the Workflow sub forum as these aren't bugs with Alfred.

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

@PAUL R FONTENOT In answer to your questions:

1. As explained before, dropping sound files is literally copying sound files from one folder in Finder to another. You use the little squares button in the Play Sound output to open Finder to the folder where you should be dropping sounds for that workflow which can then be used by all Play Sound objects in that workflow.

2. The "Launch Apps and Files" action is different to "Open File" action. The former can open multiple apps or files, the latter is for opening the passed in files with the given app (or default app).

I'm moving this to to the Workflow sub forum as these aren't bugs with Alfred.