Alfred hangs when triggering python scripts

I have a number of workflows of the form  [Keyword] ->[Terminal Command], the latter containing the path to a python script. These are all supposed to open with iTerm.

Out of the blue, instead of that happening, Alfred3 just hangs and I have to kill the process.

Any idea what might have changed?

When asking for help with a Workflow, please upload it somewhere as we can’t properly help you without access to it. Debugging can already be hard with access to the code, and you’re asking us to guess yours from a description. There are multiple places where your code or Workflow setup may be going wrong. Without looking at it we’re shooting in the dark.

Read the Reporting Problems with Workflows topic, as it gives a nice overview on how to build an effective report.

See image -- as I said, it's just a keyword that triggers a terminal command, the content of which is a single line to run a Python script. These are all working fine on most of my Macs but on one of them, they ALL just stopped working. I did a test by creating a new workflow that triggers a python file called foo.py (what else) that just prints "Hello, world" and Alfred hangs when I try to run it. In the many years since I've been using Alfred, I've never seen this happen before. Opening a terminal window and running that script (or any of them) from the terminal command line works just fine.

By the way, I mispoke with my reference to iTerm. This workflow should just open a Terminal window and start running the script. Something clearly changed system wide on one particular Mac but I haven't updated anything (that I'm aware of!) and certainly not the OS, etc.

screenshot_2985.png

3 minutes ago, dhjdhj said:

See image

Upload the workflow, not a picture of it! Vítor's instructions were perfectly clear.

Honestly, what do you think we can do with a screenshot that says literally nothing about what's in your workflow?

5 minutes ago, dhjdhj said:

I did a test by creating a new workflow that triggers a python file called foo.py (what else) that just prints "Hello, world" and Alfred hangs when I try to run it

Even assuming you have done that properly, expecting us to try to re-create your workflow from scratch simply in order to help you is entirely unreasonable.

263990324_2018-07-23at23_57.png.d7ccc0e236c0b9d6cfa0b9fc7100a29b.png

Now I know how @deanishe felt when he read my posts not so long a go on this same forum.

@dhjdhj I use transfer.sh to upload workflows super fast. Faster than images even with Alfred workflow directory to search workflow to upload to ~/Desktop, Directory watches workflow to search ~/Desktop in Alfred and finish it off with  @vitor workflow to actually upload it to transfer.sh.

Edited by nikivi