[SOLVED] Best way to launch application with params from Alfred

Hello, I'd like to be able to launch a specific application from Alfred but I need to specify a parameter when launching it - what's the best way to do this? To be specific the application is Steam.app and I need to pass the -nofriendsui parameter. Preferably I'd like this to replace the single application entry that already exists in Alfred but any solution would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, nyadam said:

blacklist that application

System Preferences → Spotlight → Privacy. Drop the Steam app in the box.

1 hour ago, nyadam said:

or make the workflow sort above it?

Alfred sorts results by “frecency” (a mix of  how frequently and recently you selected it), so pick it a few times on purpose and it’ll be given higher priority.

Edited by vitor
Fixed typo.
  • vitor changed the title to [SOLVED] Best way to launch application with params from Alfred
16 hours ago, vitor said:

System Preferences → Spotlight → Privacy. Drop the Steam app in the box.

Alfred sorts results by “frecency” (a mix of  how frequently and recently you selected it), so pick it a few times on purpose and it’ll be given higher priority.

Hey @vitor! Thank you for the tips. I tried the first one and unfortunately Steam is greyed out, I'm really new to macOS so maybe I'm just missing some kind of privilege escalation thing I need to do, however, I have opened it several times now to prioritise it and that is working great as it now sorts above Steam.app! I'd still love to remove the original from the menu since it's basically a duplicate but if there's no way it's not a huge problem.

image.thumb.png.359af245a2a6049074cf7f387db66ba3.png