sepulchra

[SOLVED] External Drive Navigation

Hello,

I often navigate to external drives within alfred a couple of ways

1. Launch Alfred. Type /Volumes/ and then navigate to the drive I am looking for.

2. I also have a few hot keys that navigate to volumes i use repeatedly: Action: Show Alfred, Argument: Text, Text: /Volumes/Name of Drive/, --------> Browse in Alfred

This works for me, but also wondering if there is a more efficient way to handle this.

Thanks,
Michael

7 minutes ago, sepulchra said:

Is that different than what I am describing in scenario #2 above?

I don’t fully understand your description of scenario 2. But this is the most efficient you’ll get. You can press a hotkey and be immediately browsing /Volumes (or whatever).

1 hour ago, vitor said:

I don’t fully understand your description of scenario 2. But this is the most efficient you’ll get. You can press a hotkey and be immediately browsing /Volumes (or whatever).

this is how i have it setup. is there a simpler way?

518470926_ScreenShot2018-08-12at5_35_51PM.png.06896b5ee36cfddf58591b25d1da2afe.png188728682_ScreenShot2018-08-12at5_35_57PM.png.70eec03b0014b6c40481d23612595524.png

9 minutes ago, sepulchra said:

this is how i have it setup. is there a simpler way?

Define “simpler”. You setup is literally two nodes, and you perform what you want with a single hotkey. How much simpler do you want it to be? What do you feel is at all complex in that setup?