How to change the web search icon to the safari icon

Hey, I would like to know if it's possible to change the web search icon to the safari icon. I have attached pictures of the ones I mean. I just find them really ugly and I would love to be able to change them to the safari one. Many thanks.

Screen Shot 2018-08-13 at 19.43.07.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-13 at 19.44.05.png

Edited by Maetras
  • 1 year later...

Yeah, I'd also like to be able to change those icons for the default Safari icon. I really dislike them, to the point that I don't search for bookmarks in Alfred 🙁

I was wondering if it's possible to create a separate workflow to search Safari's bookmarks? Just so that we could change the icon to use one of our choosing 🙂

Ah! 

17 minutes ago, deanishe said:

It's an unsigned binary. You need to grant it permission to run.

https://github.com/deanishe/awgo/wiki/Catalina

Ah! I knew about adding it to Accessibility, Full Disk Access etc. but didn't know about adding it to Developer Tools 😃

I updated the icon of the workflow, and the script filters for Bookmarks, History etc. but it's still showing your icon. Is the workflow pulling that icon in from somewhere else?

How do I change the icon to show for my bookmarks when I use the workflow? 🙂

Screenshot 2020-02-25 at 1.20.19 pm.jpg

<edit>Actually scratch that, I can see I can replace them by opening the workflow in Finder. Thanks for this!</edit>

Edited by Jono
Found the answer to my question
  • 11 months later...
1 hour ago, Jono said:

…so a year later and the Safari Assistant workflow doesn't work for me anymore 🙁

Totally broken, or just a bit? (Not that I plan on resurrecting the workflow unless Apple uncripples Safari's extension APIs.)

1 hour ago, Jono said:

I don't suppose anything's changed in Alfred that allows changing the default bookmark icon, is there? 🤔

Nope, afraid not. But I'm trying to persuade @Andrew to add support for showing custom file icons instead of the filetype icons, which would open the door to exporting your bookmarks as .webloc or .url files with whatever icons you like.

19 hours ago, deanishe said:

Totally broken, or just a bit? (Not that I plan on resurrecting the workflow unless Apple uncripples Safari's extension APIs.)

No, not totally broken. It works but even though I replaced the icons it still showed the old ones. I guess I need to dig a little deeper to make sure I 'got 'em all'!

19 hours ago, deanishe said:

Nope, afraid not. But I'm trying to persuade @Andrew to add support for showing custom file icons instead of the filetype icons, which would open the door to exporting your bookmarks as .webloc or .url files with whatever icons you like.

That would be SOOoo much better! Pretty please @Andrew! 😃 

6 minutes ago, Jono said:

I replaced the icons

Crikey. There are over 30 icons in there.

3 minutes ago, Jono said:

I guess I need to dig a little deeper to make sure I 'got 'em all'!

There are a bunch of icons in the scripts subdirectory for the workflow actions. The workflow doesn't generate or cache any icons, though, so they should all be in the workflow folder.

6 minutes ago, deanishe said:

There are a bunch of icons in the scripts subdirectory for the workflow actions. The workflow doesn't generate or cache any icons, though, so they should all be in the workflow folder.

Thanks, I'll have a look there too 👍

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/18/2021 at 12:16 AM, deanishe said:

Actually, it would be great if there was just an option to show the bookmark icon of your default browser, like it does in Spotlight 🙂