Maetras

How to change the web search icon to the safari icon

Hey, I would like to know if it's possible to change the web search icon to the safari icon. I have attached pictures of the ones I mean. I just find them really ugly and I would love to be able to change them to the safari one. Many thanks.

Screen Shot 2018-08-13 at 19.43.07.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-13 at 19.44.05.png

Edited by Maetras

Welcome @Maetras,

No, there is no way to change those icons. As you might’ve guessed, they’re generic so as to fit with any web browser the user might have.

Yeah, I'd also like to be able to change those icons for the default Safari icon. I really dislike them, to the point that I don't search for bookmarks in Alfred 🙁

I was wondering if it's possible to create a separate workflow to search Safari's bookmarks? Just so that we could change the icon to use one of our choosing 🙂

Ah! 

17 minutes ago, deanishe said:

It's an unsigned binary. You need to grant it permission to run.

https://github.com/deanishe/awgo/wiki/Catalina

Ah! I knew about adding it to Accessibility, Full Disk Access etc. but didn't know about adding it to Developer Tools 😃

I updated the icon of the workflow, and the script filters for Bookmarks, History etc. but it's still showing your icon. Is the workflow pulling that icon in from somewhere else?

How do I change the icon to show for my bookmarks when I use the workflow? 🙂

Screenshot 2020-02-25 at 1.20.19 pm.jpg

<edit>Actually scratch that, I can see I can replace them by opening the workflow in Finder. Thanks for this!</edit>

Edited by Jono
Found the answer to my question

@deanishe …I guess I spoke too soon. Once I select a bookmark in Alfred and hit Return to open it nothing happens 😊

Any idea why that could be?

16 minutes ago, Jono said:

Oh, hang on

…user error, sorry!

Now I am intrigued … How do you mess up hitting return on a result? 😀

:D Yeah, I'd be careful what you delete. It's a pretty complex beast. Perhaps you could just clear the keywords on features you don't want.

But I don't really understand why you'd want to cripple such an awesome workflow ;)

Good idea, I've removed some of the keywords.

…and yeah, I'll actually use quite a few functions of the workflow, not just regular bookmarks 😃

I've missed having you use my workflows, tbh. Whenever I released one, I always hoped you'd start using it, change all the icons to better ones and then give them to me to add to the next version :)