[SOLVED] Alfred Preferences-Loading

I accidentally wiped out all of my preferences and settings.  I did a restore from Time Machine but somehow, the settings and preferences were still all gone from within Alfred.  I still have the preferences file but I can't get it to load into Alfred.  I have tried opening the file with Alfred and that didn't work.  I have entered it into the search bar and hit Enter and that didn't work.

I need help here to load my preferences back into Alfred. ?

I am surprised that this issue has not already been addressed.  It seems to me that with all of the creative brain power existing in the Alfred community, that there is no workflow with a script to re-install preferences into Alfred.  

0e31b7e04f6ff8925f635e6b1096caa7.jpg

10 hours ago, PAUL R FONTENOT said:

I am surprised that this issue has not already been addressed.  It seems to me that with all of the creative brain power existing in the Alfred community, that there is no workflow with a script to re-install preferences into Alfred.  

I don’t find that assessment at all fair. Wiping one’s own preferences isn’t a common occurrence, and having a Workflow to reload them would be nonsensical when Alfred has a perfectly valid native method.

1. Make a copy of your preferences file and keep it somewhere safe.
  2. Open Alfred Preferences.
  3. Go to Advanced.
  4. Look at the bottom right corner. Press Set preferences folder….
  5. Navigate to the location of your Alfred.alfredpreferences.

For future occurrences, consider storing your preferences somewhere that syncs/backups automatically, such as Dropbox.

• vitor changed the title to [SOLVED] Alfred Preferences-Loading