1Password Integration

Recently I've discovered that updates to my 1Password logins are not being picked up (such as switching the url from http to https in 1p). It continues to use the old login information.

Today I updated to the most recent Alfred update and now anytime I use Alfred to open a 1p login, it doesn't seem to respect my Safari setting of 'Never' open in existing window (aka always launch in new window). This is very frustrating as I think it is not working but is actually opening in a minimized Window not on screen.

I'm not sure whether this is something specifically related to Alfred because if I just type an address and launch from Alfred it works as expected. Any suggestions I could try on the Alfred side? I'll be contacting 1p to go through some troubleshooting on their side as well.

Per 1p, I've disabled the 1click feature in Alfred, disabled the 3rd party integrations in 1p, restarted, enabled 3rd party integrations within 1p, and re-enabled 1click bookmarks in Alfred to no avail. The mentioned updates to the urls are reflected but I've still got the issue where the bookmarks do not launch in a separate window like they do when opening any other url. Maybe uninstall, re-install Alfred? Is it possible to roll back to the previous version?

@Anderson Welcome to the forum :)

Since 1Password 7 was released, we've had to change the way URLs are launched. Previously, Alfred would provide macOS with a simple URL where some extra characters were appended at the end specific to 1Password. This resulted in macOS opening the URL in the same way as any other.

Now, following some changes in 1PW 7, Alfred launches a 1PW-specific URL, which passes the information on to 1Password for launch. As a result, the behaviour from that point onwards is fully within 1PW's control. There have been some quirks and unexpected behaviour with some browsers so I would recommend popping a support request or post on 1Password's forum for further support with this issue, as I'm sure they'll be able to provide you with more detailed support. :) 

Cheers,
Vero

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hiya! In addition to being a hard(ish)core Alfred convert, I'm actually a member on the 1Password support team myself (?)… I wound up here in the process of helping a customer with an Alfred issue before bumping into one of my own. Using 1Password 7.2.2.BETA-3 I'm seeing Alfred v3.7 [938] pass URLs through to Safari 12.0.2 (14606.3.4) that look like the following, and don't fill as I'd expect:

https://www.appannie.com/account/login/?onepasswdfill=4srqvolo6rfp3uid2v6i64umcm&onepasswdvault=zy4o7o3jmgyw6rc7lfxzc5qixu

These are the (older) 'simple URL with some extra characters'-style links you mention, right @Vero? In which case it makes sense why they're not working for me, but I'm not sure why they're still being generated if you've switched to the new 1PW-specific URLs and that's what I'd love to work out! Are you (Alfred) detecting presence/absence of older installed 1Password apps, beyond the 1Password Data setting upthread?

Edited by tullyhansen

@tullyhansen Alfred has legacy support for older 1Password versions, so this could be down to misidentification of the 1Password version you're using, as if Alfred sees you as using 1Password 7, then the newer style URL scheme should be used.

Alfred extracts the CFBundleShortVersionString in 1Password's package and I'm guessing that "7.2.2.BETA-3" might possibly be causing a misidentification if 1Password is using the CFBundleShortVersionString instead of the CFBundleVersion for this value.

FWIW, Apple define this as the following, which doesn't include string text such as BETA:

CFBundleShortVersionString

CFBundleShortVersionString (String - iOS, macOS) specifies the release version number of the bundle, which identifies a released iteration of the app.

The release version number is a string composed of three period-separated integers. The first integer represents major revision to the app, such as a revision that implements new features or major changes. The second integer denotes a revision that implements less prominent features. The third integer represents a maintenance release revision.

The value for this key differs from the value for CFBundleVersion, which identifies an iteration (released or unreleased) of the app.

I'll take a deeper look into this later today.

Note: It could ALSO be that you have lots of older versions of 1Password on your Mac which are being seen as the valid version of 1Password to use.

Cheers,

Andrew

@andrew Thanks for the authoritative reply! As you might imagine, it could be either scenario in my case – that's an internal beta version and I've multiple 1Password apps installed. The information on CFBundleShortVersionString vs. CFBundleVersion is news to me, and I'll pass this along to the dev team (interestingly, to my eye most nobody seems to use CFBundleVersion as per Apple's guidelines – not current not previous 1Password apps, nor Alfred, nor Numbers…).

Please do let me know if you find out anything further, and whether there's anything we can do on our end to make things easier for you (lotta Alfred fans here!).

Thanks, Tully.

UPDATE: trashing my installed copy of 1Password 6 (CFBundleShortVersionString: 6.8.9; CFBundleVersion: 689000) and restarting Alfred set things to rights such that 1Password 7 (CFBundleShortVersionString: 7.2.3.BETA-0; CFBundleVersion: 1811150041) launches and fills webpages via Alfred integration as expected.

Edited by tullyhansen
  • 1 year later...

Hi All,

I just updated to 1Password v.7.4.1. I've been using Alfred with 1P with no problems until this version. Now I have a problem where the 1P bookmarks don't update in Alfred. I tried unchecking the 1P integration in Alfred, then unchecking 3rd party integration in 1P, quitting both, and then checking those back on. Nothing happened. I am still getting the old 1P bookmarks in Alfred. I wonder where Alfred is getting the old bookmarks from? I guess it is some kind of a cache that I can flush? 

Any help is appreciated. Thanks! 

@alexbet that looks like the correct locaton.

To double check that Alfred is looking at the correct location, with Alfred's preferences quit, disable 1Password 3rd party integration within 1Password's Advanced prefs, then launch Alfred's Preferences to Features > 1Password. The list should now be empty with a little red error at the bottom.

If so, re-enable 3rd party integration in 1Password, then re-launch Alfred's Preferences and they should be back.

Let me know how you get on with that, then we can take if from there.

@alexbet Quit Alfred and delete the folder you listed (/.../Caches/Metadata/1Password/), then restart Alfred and he will look elsewhere for the data.

If Alfred can't find any other locations, this could be the correct folder location, just bad permissions on that folder meaning 1Password can't change the files.