Question about powerpack license

Hi, I have used alfred 3 without powerbacks for a while now and I am thinking about upgrading to powerpack but I do have two questions. 

First question:

About the mega supporter lifetime upgrades license. If I buy that one does it mean I get free upgrades to for example alfred 4, whenever and if that releases? Or is it only larger upgrades within alfred 3?

Second question:

Since the mega supporter lifetime license is a single user license, does this mean that I can only choose one unit or can I switch units as long as it is only 1 unit active at a time. So lets say I use it on my macbook pro and then later i get an Imac and I want to use alfred 3 for that, will I be able to change which unit that is active? 

Thanks in advance!

2 hours ago, geoyil said:

About the mega supporter lifetime upgrades license. If I buy that one does it mean I get free upgrades to for example alfred 4, whenever and if that releases?

Yes. As well as for Alfred 5 and so forth.

2 hours ago, geoyil said:

So lets say I use it on my macbook pro and then later i get an Imac and I want to use alfred 3 for that, will I be able to change which unit that is active? 

Yes. The Powerpack tab has a “deactivate” option that unregisters the current machine so you can use your license on another (or the same machine after a fresh install).

But note the License FAQ doesn’t say it’s valid for one user on one machine, it says it’s “valid for one user on your own Macs”. Contrast that with the Single User License, which says (emphasis mine) it’s “valid for one user on two of your own Macs”. So presumably the Mega Supporter License has no limit of Macs, if their primary user is the same person.

Don’t quote me on that last one, though, as I’m not absolutely certain. @Vero will be able to say for sure.

• 2 years later...