Passing foreground selected text to Run Script

Hi,

I'm looking to build a "pipe" workflow which will fire on hotkey, taking the currently selected text in the foreground application, allow you to specify a shell pipe to pass the text through, then copy the result to the clipboard. I've already got a hack-ish workflow for this:

Keyword (| with space, Argument Required)

=>

Run Script (/bin/zsh) {

pbpaste | {query} | pbcopy

}

It would be nice to be able to set a hotkey though (as things stand, I have to choose between passing the selected text to the Run Script or being able to enter the command), and ideally it should be possible to to pass the foreground selected text in to a Run Script or Script Filter in another token, thus saving the requirement to initially copy the text to the clipboard. I would suggest a new "Selected Text" Input with a token named {selected}.

There are various other ways this would be useful, e.g. "Mail selected text to…"

Thoughts?

Robin

Edited by isometry

Hi,

I'm looking to build a "pipe" workflow which will fire on hotkey, taking the currently selected text in the foreground application, allow you to specify a shell pipe to pass the text through, then copy the result to the clipboard. I've already got a hack-ish workflow for this:

Keyword (| with space, Argument Required)

=>

Run Script (/bin/zsh) {

pbpaste | {query} | pbcopy

}

It would be nice to be able to set a hotkey though (as things stand, I have to choose between passing the selected text to the Run Script or being able to enter the command), and ideally it should be possible to to pass the foreground selected text in to a Run Script or Script Filter in another token, thus saving the requirement to initially copy the text to the clipboard. I would suggest a new "Selected Text" Input with a token named {selected}.

There are various other ways this would be useful, e.g. "Mail selected text to…"

Thoughts?

Robin

Hey man, sorry but I'm having kind of a hard time following what exactly it is that your looking for. Can you clarify this a little for me so I can try to help you out?