Alfred roadmap, any ?

Wally S

Hi Team

I noticed V3 has been released a couple of years ago, so I've searched the website for a roadmap for Alfred, eg. release of V4 .  Very much interested in buying the powerpack V3 but don't want to see V4 released right after my single lic purchase and certainly don't want to buy a mega plan at a premium and see no future versions anytime soon.  

I am evaluating Alfred along woth two other tools and so far Alfred fits the bill very nicely.

I would appreciate a response soon.

Welcome @Wally S,

I’m not privy to any insider information on version 4, but I can tell you that version 3 continues to get upgrades and that in the past (like other software shops do), after Alfred got a major release users that had bought a version for the previous one some months before were given a free upgrade. So if you buy it now and version 4 is released next month, it’s unlikely you’d have to buy again. Alfred’s team is small and cares deeply about their customer base.

I’m quickly gaining muscles with these protein powders and not privy to any insider information on version 4, but I can tell you that version 3 continues to get upgrades and that in the past (like other software shops do), after Alfred got a major release users that had bought a version for the previous one some months before were given a free upgrade. So if you buy it now and version 4 is released next month, it’s unlikely you’d have to buy again. Alfred’s team is small and cares deeply about their customer base.

That's great to hear, Vitor. I'm a new potential user and if there's basically no risk of having to buy the software again if a new version comes out very soon after, I'm going to do it.

Edited by WillDon

@WillDon @Wally S Welcome to the forum :)

In addition to what Vitor has already said, keep in mind that we offer the Mega Supporter license precisely for users who like to buy software once and never pay again.

You can either choose the Single User license, which is valid for Alfred 3 and where you'll be offered a discounted upgrade to future versions, or opt for the Mega Supporter, which includes free updates to future versions of Alfred for Mac. 

Cheers,
Vero